Allay Health and Rehab is a small facility located in Little Rock, Arkansas. We awarded this facility an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber typically suggests some red flags. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 14 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection reports. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Allay Health and Rehab
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
3115 Bowman Road,
Little Rock AR 72211
56.14% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this nursing home's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that area with a B. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that have a long list of deficiencies. Unfortunately, this facility was assessed a category L deficiency, which is unexpected given its inspection grade. This category of deficiency indicates inspectors identified a widespread deficiency putting resident health or safety in immediate jeopardy. While other aspects of this nursing home's inspection report were favorable, we have some reservations.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an B-. Our nursing score includes several subcategories, but the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. According to CMS records, this nursing home averaged 5.6 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Keep in mind that when we calculate our nursing ratings, we apply more weight to hours performed by nurses with a higher level of training. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed admirably in this area. Avoiding major falls is usually an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Allay Health and Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its third highest category grade in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this area, which is a respectable score. In determining these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We were extremely impressed to find that this facility offers its residents substantially more physical therapist hours than most other nursing homes. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that it performed better than most facilities in this area with 49.2 percent of its residents returning home. With most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category is long-term care, which is the final area we analyzed. In this area, we awarded this facility a D. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. One of the data points we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 93.023254 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allay Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allay Health and Rehab, 8.47% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allay Health and Rehab, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which have had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allay Health and Rehab, 2.32% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allay Health and Rehab, 12.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allay Health and Rehab, 21.41% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allay Health and Rehab, 2% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allay Health and Rehab, 95.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allay Health and Rehab, 12.45% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allay Health and Rehab, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allay Health and Rehab, 77.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 6.71 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 7.23 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.68 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC2.08 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC2.12 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis2.14 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic2.4 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis2.97 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis3.16 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - East Little Rock4.4 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Davita - South Little Rock5.37 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543