Allay Health and Rehab is a facility in Little Rock, Arkansas. This city has a total of 214,454 people. Our rating system was not very kind to this facility, as it received an overall score of F. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Little Rock. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Allay Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall score was terrible, it actually performed pretty well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that area, which is one of our better scores. Arguably the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is generally best to avoid nursing homes that had a long list of deficiencies. Surprisingly, this nursing home was hit with a category L deficiency, which is unexpected given its inspection grade. This is the worst possible category of deficiencies. This category of deficiency means CMS discovered a widespread deficiency putting patient health or safety in imminent jeopardy. Any serious deficiency is a major concern. While other aspects of this nursing home's inspection report were favorable, we have some reservations.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Nursing scores are largely based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Allay Health and Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this nursing home received a grade of just D in this area. Our short-term care scores are considered to be most meaningful for individuals needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its poor rating in this category, we weren't stunned to learn that this nursing home offered significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this area, which is a rock bottom score. Nursing homes that don't score well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit alarmed this facility administered the vaccine to only 83.870964 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allay Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allay Health and Rehab, 8.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allay Health and Rehab, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allay Health and Rehab, 2.3% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allay Health and Rehab, 12.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allay Health and Rehab, 21.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allay Health and Rehab, 2.07% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allay Health and Rehab, 95.87% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allay Health and Rehab, 11.98% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allay Health and Rehab, 12.63% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allay Health and Rehab, 12.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allay Health and Rehab, 12.62 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allay Health and Rehab, 77.48% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 13 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 6.71 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 7.23 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.68 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC2.08 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC2.12 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis2.14 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic2.4 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis2.97 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis3.16 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - East Little Rock4.4 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Davita - South Little Rock5.37 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543