Allay Health and Rehab is a facility in Little Rock, Arkansas. This city has a total of 214,454 people. This is not a high quality facility with a D overall grade. Unfortunately, this grade is right in line with the city grade in Little Rock. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Little Rock. The best thing we can say about this facility is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Allay Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Little Rock senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't give this place a good overall score, we did give it a strong grade in the category of inspections, where it received a B. Inspection scores are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities with severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. Unfortunately, this nursing home was hit with a category L deficiency, which was unexpected given its inspection score. This category of deficiency indicates CMS identified a widespread deficiency placing patient health or safety in immediate danger. While other aspects of this nursing home's inspection report were favorable, we have some reservations.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an C. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. Although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did well in this statistic. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Allay Health and Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities next best area was short-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is essentially a middle of the road score in this category. Short-term care grades are often used to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care, which turned out to be this facility's least impressive category. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in that category. Nursing homes that do not score well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 77.6699 percent of its patients. This is quite a bit lower than what we expected. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allay Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Allay Health and Rehab, 8.4% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Allay Health and Rehab, 4.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered falls leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Allay Health and Rehab, 2.26% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Allay Health and Rehab, 12.36% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients which are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Allay Health and Rehab, 21.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Allay Health and Rehab, 2.24% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Allay Health and Rehab, 95.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Allay Health and Rehab, 12.13% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Allay Health and Rehab, 10.57% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Allay Health and Rehab, 10.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allay Health and Rehab, 13.36 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allay Health and Rehab, 78.15% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Little Rock, Arkansas has 6 other nursing homes
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 6.71 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 7.23 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.68 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC2.08 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC2.12 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis2.14 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic2.4 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis2.97 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis3.16 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Fmcna - East Little Rock4.4 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Davita - South Little Rock5.37 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543