Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf is one of five available facilities located in Alhambra, California. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is undoubtedly a very strong nursing home. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities nationally. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong.
Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Alhambra, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is it earned an impressive grade in inspections. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In this area, we awarded this facility an A. Our inspection scores are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its dominant performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A- for its long-term care score. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. There are several factors included in this category. Many of the subcategories are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was short-term care, in which this facility was given a grade of B. Even though this is its lowest category rating, this is nevertheless a strong rating. Our short-term care ratings are critical for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who had falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Scores for Alhambra, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Alhambra, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Fmc-San Gabriel Valley Pd Clinic0.87 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 204 Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 457-6540
- Fmc-San Gabriel Dialysis Center0.87 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 102 Alhambra California 91803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (626) 457-9002
- Fmc-Alhambra0.95 miles away2300 W. Valley Blvd. Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 458-4726
- Davita-Garfield Hemodialysis Center2.02 miles away118 Hilliard Avenue Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 288-5796
- Rosemead Dialysis Center2.62 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- Fmc-Arroyo Dialysis Center2.9 miles away1111 S. Arroyo Parkway, Suite 150 Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 441-9500
- Huntington Dialysis Center2.91 miles away806 S. Fair Oaks Avenue Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (626) 792-0548
- Fmc-Liberty West Pasadena2.95 miles away757 S. Raymond Avenue Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 396-6957