Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf is a small hospital-based facility located in Alhambra, California. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is undoubtedly a very strong nursing home. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top fifth of all facilities in the country. If you look below, you will see this place's category grades, which are also impressive.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Alhambra senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Alhambra, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall rating, this facility performed well in our inspections category, which is based on its inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A for this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this facility was awarded a high-end grade of A- in our long-term care area. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Our nursing score focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, we awarded this nursing home an A for our short-term care rating. This completed an elite report card. Our short-term care grades are likely more critical for those needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that experienced falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 5.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alhambra Hospital Med Center Dp/Snf, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.78 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Fmc-San Gabriel Valley Pd Clinic0.87 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 204 Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 457-6540
- Fmc-San Gabriel Dialysis Center0.87 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 102 Alhambra California 91803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (626) 457-9002
- Fmc-Alhambra0.95 miles away2300 W. Valley Blvd. Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 458-4726
- Davita-Garfield Hemodialysis Center2.02 miles away118 Hilliard Avenue Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 288-5796
- Rosemead Dialysis Center2.62 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- Fmc-Arroyo Dialysis Center2.9 miles away1111 S. Arroyo Parkway, Suite 150 Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 441-9500
- Huntington Dialysis Center2.91 miles away806 S. Fair Oaks Avenue Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (626) 792-0548
- Fmc-Liberty West Pasadena2.95 miles away757 S. Raymond Avenue Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 396-6957