Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village is located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This city is one of the largest cities in the country with has 927,396 people. We gave this nursing home an alarming overall score based on the data we assessed. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss long-term care in the next section.
Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This place surprisingly performed well in the area of long-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B for that area. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 67.253525 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Sadly, this facility's second best category was inspections, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. One of the most significant factors in assessing inspection reports is deficiencies. We suggest you pay close attention to the level of severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home had a category J or K deficiency, which are among the worst categories of deficiencies. Finally, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place received large government fines recently amounting to over $100,000. This often indicates that a facility'sbad track record has been an issue for more than one year.
Does this page answer your questions about Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. Our nursing rating weighs a variety of factors. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, this facility really did not fare very well here either. Due to a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. With its score in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this place was well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 4.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 88.53% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 3.81 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Rai Care Center -Hampton1.86 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717
- Shrewsbury Dialysis2.48 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- South City Dialysis2.48 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis2.72 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis3.04 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand3.07 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau3.08 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center3.47 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209