Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village is located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This city is one of the largest cities in the country with has 927,396 people. This nursing home received a concerning overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home's overall grade, it actually received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that category with an A-. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid places with a bunch of severe deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we awarded this facility a B in our long-term care category. This happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 72.030655 percent of its patients. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the area of short-term care, this facility received just a D in that area. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most critical for residents requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. As you might expect, we found that this nursing home provides significantly less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than a typical facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Switching gears to the next category, this facility really did not fare well here either. Due to a poor grade of F in nursing, this is just about as terrible as it gets. Our nursing score weighs several data points, however, the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 4.11% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 88.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 3.81 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Rai Care Center -Hampton1.86 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717
- Shrewsbury Dialysis2.48 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- South City Dialysis2.48 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis2.72 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis3.04 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand3.07 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau3.08 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center3.47 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209