Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village is located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This city is one of the largest cities in the country with has 927,396 people. We gave this nursing home an alarming overall score based on the data we assessed. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Saint Louis. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this facility's overall grade nor its category grades gave us much to write home about. Its best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. We scrutinized the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses spent with residents, in computing our score in this category. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is slightly below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
This nursing home didn't receive glowing government inspections in recent years. We gave it a grade of just D for our inspections rating and that actually proved to be its second highest grade. One of the more critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We would scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with one category J or K deficiency, which rank among the worst deficiencies. This generally means that the government inspectors identified a deficiency which places patient safety or health in imminent danger. Lastly, we would like to point out that this place received significant government fines recently of more than $100,000. This typically signifies that a nursing home'spoor track record has been an issue for several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the area of long-term care. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care may not provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes offer. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility administered the vaccine to just 48.757763 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this category, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. Our short-term care ratings are vital for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. With a score this poor in this category, we were not shocked to learn this place was well below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. It supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients that experienced falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 5.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 86.07% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alexian Bros Lansdowne Village, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 3.81 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Rai Care Center -Hampton1.86 miles away2635 Hampton Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 24 (314) 646-1717
- Shrewsbury Dialysis2.48 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- South City Dialysis2.48 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687
- Rtc - Hampton Avenue Dialysis2.72 miles away1425 Hampton Avenue Saint Louis Missouri 63139Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 781-4022
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis3.04 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand3.07 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau3.08 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center3.47 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209