Alexandria Place is a nursing home in Gastonia, North Carolina. This city has 102,620 people. This facility was given an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Gastonia. The city has just two other nursing homes. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection reports. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Gastonia senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually performed well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection grades are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to learn that this nursing home earned a somewhat respectable long-term care score in our assessment. We gave it a B- in that category. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Alexandria Place?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second lowest score is short-term care, where it earned a grade of just D in that area. This is a well below average score. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Not surprisingly, we learned that this nursing home provides substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The next area we scored is nursing. We gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is a very poor grade. The nursing rating analyzes many data points, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. With only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily, this facility's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alexandria Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alexandria Place, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alexandria Place, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alexandria Place, 3.14% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents which sustained UTI's. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alexandria Place, 12.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alexandria Place, 21.12% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alexandria Place, 3.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alexandria Place, 88.29% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alexandria Place, 19.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alexandria Place, 21.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Alexandria Place, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alexandria Place, 21.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alexandria Place, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Caromont Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.2 miles away2525 Court Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28052Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 834-4891
- Atrium Health Kings MountainAcute Care Hospitals 11.76 miles away706 W King St Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 739-3601
- Atrium Health LincolnAcute Care Hospitals 14.04 miles away433 Mcalister Rd Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Government - Hospital District or Authority(980) 212-2000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.76 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.24 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Fresenius Kidney Care North Gaston1.05 miles away1510 Lower Dallas Hwy Dallas North Carolina 28034Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 923-8001
- Fresenius Medical Care Gastonia2.11 miles away348 Burtonwood Dr Gastonia North Carolina 28054CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (704) 864-8863
- Bma South Gaston Dialysis4.46 miles away710 West Hudson Blvd. Gastonia North Carolina 28052CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 867-3417
- Belmont Dialysis Center7.35 miles away5010 Medical Care Court Belmont North Carolina 28012Dialysis Stations: 18 (704) 827-2931
- Bma Kings Mountain9.9 miles away604 Canterbury Rd Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Dialysis Stations: 18 (704) 730-1270
- Dialysis Clinic Inc Kings Mountain12.2 miles away1010 Shelby Road Kings Mountain North Carolina 28086Dialysis Stations: 15 (704) 739-9342
- Fmc Lincolnton Dialysis12.41 miles away1090 S Grove Street Ext Lincolnton North Carolina 28092Dialysis Stations: 30 (704) 736-9300
- Davita Brookshire13.64 miles away5601 Tuckaseegee Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28208Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 395-6091