Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center is located in Edmonds, Washington. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade of this caliber typically suggests a few red flags. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Edmonds. The city has just one other nursing home. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable nursing grade this year. We gave it a respectable grade of B+ in this area, which was much better than its overall grade. Our nursing score includes many factors. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second highest category ended up being its short-term care score, where it received a grade of B-. Our short-term care scores are arguably most meaningful for residents requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it supplied fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center?
We wanted to draw your attention to this facility's inspection grade where it received an F. When a place has this poor of an inspection score, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This facility was hit with a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more serious deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies found by CMS had the potential to create actual harm to residents. Finally, we also need to point out that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines recently totaling more than $100,000. This usually signifies that a nursing home's poor performance spanned more than one year.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this facility really didn't perform very well in this area either. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as terrible as it gets. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 96.875 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who had a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 13.74% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents showing signs of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 93.71% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 10 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.56 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Puget Sound Kc South1.73 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center4.33 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis5.48 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center5.51 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center6.77 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center9.35 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Everett Dialysis Center9.58 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis10.38 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985