Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center is a large nursing home located in Edmonds, Washington. We gave this nursing home an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. Based on our assessment, you'd be better off to avoid of this place. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is nursing, which is discussed in the next section.
Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
21400 72nd Avenue West,
Edmonds WA 98026
63.9% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our nursing rating. When determining a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses are caring for residents and the levels of training of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 3.5 hours of nursing care per resident each day. At least one fourth of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly trained nurses. This is a high ratio of skilled nursing care. We weight these hours more in determining our nursing scores. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed admirably in this area. Avoiding serious falls is often a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be prevented if a nursing home provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
Incredibly, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for its short-term care rating, which isn't a bad grade. With our short-term care grade, we attempt to forge a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. This nursing home elevated its grade in this category by offering more care from registered nurses to its residents than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. It performed decently in this area, with 48.1 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at was long-term care, in which this nursing home received an F. For patients in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 96.875 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. Finally, we looked at the facility's number of hospitalizations. We found that this place had 2.58 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, this figure is far less impressive than its vaccination record.
In our last category of inspections, this facility received an F in this area. Since this information is compiled by government inspectors, we heavily weight negative feedback in this category. When a nursing home has this poor of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular facility had a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe categories of deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had potential to cause actual harm to residents. Another red flag is that CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 3.14% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 2.25% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 13.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 12.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 14.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 93.57% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 13.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 23.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 0.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 23.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 11.09 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 10 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.56 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Puget Sound Kc South1.73 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center4.33 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis5.48 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center5.51 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center6.77 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center9.35 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Everett Dialysis Center9.58 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis10.38 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985