Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center is located in Edmonds, Washington. With a really poor overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Edmonds. If you aren't deterred by this facility's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Edmonds senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall score, we awarded it a B+ in the category of nursing. In determining a facility's nursing rating, we look at the amount of time nurses commit to residents as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to learn that this nursing home earned a decent short-term care rating in our assessment. We awarded it a grade of C in this area. Our short-term care ratings are vital for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is still important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grades where it received an F. This generally means we found some red flags on the inspection reports. You should pay special attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection rating. We would pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was assessed one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe categories of deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies identified by CMS had the potential to pose actual harm to patients. Lastly, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed large government fines in recent years totaling over $100,000. This typically signifies that a bad track record spanned more than one year.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this area, which is a bottom of the barrel grade. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 94.921875 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who sustained falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 2.29% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 13.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 12.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 13.28% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 92.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 14.67% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 12.21 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Aldercrest Health & Rehab Center, 75.22% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.44 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 10 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.56 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Puget Sound Kc South1.73 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center4.33 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis5.48 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center5.51 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center6.77 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center9.35 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Everett Dialysis Center9.58 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis10.38 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985