Located in Cicero, Illinois, Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc is one of a mere two available facilities in the area. Our grading scheme was not favorable to this facility, as it received an overall rating of F. In our view, you would be better off to steer clear of this nursing home. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually received one respectable category grade for inspections, which you can read more about below.
Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
6120 West Ogden,
Cicero IL 60804
68.39% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the category of short-term care. Short-term care grades are crucial for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Given its grade in this area, we were not surprised to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected here. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This particular place averaged a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This statistic is significantly below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this facility really did not perform very well here either. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this facility administered the vaccine to only 62.412586 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents which experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 30.45% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 87.4% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Town Manor Rehab & Hcc, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.85 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Saint Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away2875 West 19th Street Chicago Illinois 60623Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 521-1710
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.51 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- John H Stroger Jr HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away1901 W Harrison St Chicago Illinois 60612Government - Local(312) 864-6000
- Fmc - Berwyn1.51 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Cicero1.71 miles away3000 S Cicero Ave Cicero Illinois 60804CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (708) 652-7089
- Fmc - Neomedica - North Kilpatrick2.61 miles away4800 North Kilpatrick Chicago Illinois 60630CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (773) 545-3693
- Davita - Lawndale Dialysis2.9 miles away3934 West 24th St Chicago Illinois 60623CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 277-0598
- Fmc - Summit3.26 miles away7320 Archer Avenue Summit Argo Illinois 60501Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 594-1777
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit3.34 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center3.41 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Fmc - Midway Dialysis3.84 miles away6201 W. 63rd Street Chicago Illinois 60638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 229-8268