Alden Long Grove is one of just three available nursing homes in Lake Zurich, Illinois. This facility was given an overall grade of B-, which is a solid rating. You can certainly do worse than this facility. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alden Long Grove
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Lake Zurich senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not bad, it really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection grades are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A few relatively minor dings aren't something to panic about.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an B. Our nursing score focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Long Grove ?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received an impressive long-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it a B in that category, which is one of our more favorable scores. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 98.664444 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, this facility was awarded a grade of C in short-term care, which is generally an acceptable grade. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Long Grove Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Long Grove , 4.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Long Grove , 2.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Long Grove , 0.53% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced UTI's. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Long Grove , 18.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Long Grove , 8.47% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Long Grove , 99.17% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Long Grove , 6.39% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Long Grove , 7.98% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Alden Long Grove , 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Long Grove , 7.98% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Long Grove , 10.11% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Long Grove , 91.59% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.11 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.35 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.41 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 13.03 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center2.04 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis2.6 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Mundelein5.42 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc5.46 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows5.78 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Davita - Arlington Heights Dialysis8.37 miles away17 W Golf Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 437-2188
- Davita - Barrington Creek8.4 miles away28160 W. Northwest Hwy, Suite 104 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 381-1325
- Fmc - Mount Prospect8.67 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101