Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories is a very-large facility in Chicago, Illinois. With an overall grade of D, this is a relatively poor facility. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection reports. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid facilities that have a long list of deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this place still had a relatively positive inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this nursing home was awarded a grade of just D in that category. As it turns out, this ended up being its second best grade. With our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Considering its abysmal score in this area, we were not shocked to discover this nursing home offered substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. We gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is an abysmal grade. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 99.802376 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients which were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 80 other nursing homes
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 0.12 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 1.07 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away2900 North Lake Shore Drive Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 665-3000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Fmc - Uptown0.12 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis0.45 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Fmc - Northcenter Dialysis2.72 miles away2620 W. Addison St. Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 248-0462
- Nephron Dialysis Center, Ltd.2.77 miles away5140 N. California Ave. Suite 510 Chicago Illinois 60625Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 293-2100
- Davita - Lincoln Park Nephrology Assn, Sc3.34 miles away2484 N. Elston Ave Chicago Illinois 60647CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (773) 278-4403
- Fmc - West Willow3.86 miles away1444 W. Willow St. Chicago Illinois 60642Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 772-4079
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.93 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis3.99 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714