Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories is a very-large facility in Chicago, Illinois. With an overall grade of D, this is a relatively poor facility. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Chicago senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually received a very good grade in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B for that area, which is one of our better scores. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid facilities that have too many severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this place still received a relatively favorable report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care grade ended up being one of its better scores. The nursing home was given a B- in this category. Our short-term care grade is often employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility just a D for our long-term care rating. This is not a score to write home about. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 98.78683 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.07 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
The next area we rated is nursing, ended up being this facility's weakest category. We awarded this facility a D in that area. We scrutinized the levels of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with residents, in computing our score in this category. This facility provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 31.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 87.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Lakeland Rehab & Hierarchical Condition Categories, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Chicago, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Chicago, Illinois has 38 other nursing homes
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 0.12 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Thorek Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away850 W Irving Park Rd Chicago Illinois 60613Voluntary non-profit - Private(312) 525-6780
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 1.07 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away836 West Wellington Avenue Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 975-1600
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 2.55 miles away2900 North Lake Shore Drive Chicago Illinois 60657Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 665-3000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Fmc - Uptown0.12 miles away4700 N. Marine Drive, Suite 204 Chicago Illinois 60640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (773) 989-8082
- Fmc - Na Lakeview Dialysis0.45 miles away4008 North Broadway Ave., Suite 1200 Chicago Illinois 60613Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 248-3105
- Fmc - Northcenter Dialysis2.72 miles away2620 W. Addison St. Chicago Illinois 60618CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 248-0462
- Nephron Dialysis Center, Ltd.2.77 miles away5140 N. California Ave. Suite 510 Chicago Illinois 60625Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 293-2100
- Davita - Lincoln Park Nephrology Assn, Sc3.34 miles away2484 N. Elston Ave Chicago Illinois 60647CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (773) 278-4403
- Fmc - West Willow3.86 miles away1444 W. Willow St. Chicago Illinois 60642Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 772-4079
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.93 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Davita Irving Park Dialysis3.99 miles away4323 N Pulaski Road Chicago Illinois 60641Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 279-8714