Alden Courts of Waterford is in Aurora, Illinois. We gave this facility a C overall, which is not a bad grade. This is comparable with the city grade in Aurora, which is a B-. Based on our assessment, this place should be a good fit for most people. This nursing home did not fare well in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Alden Courts of Waterford
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in the category of health inspections. In that category, we awarded this facility a B+. It outperformed most facilities in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had favorable view of this nursing home's inspections.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. We assessed the skill-level of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with patients, in computing our grade in this category. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Courts of Waterford?
Short-term Care Quality
The next best area we gave this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a B-. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is generally a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is long-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a D in that category. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated only 76.15894 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Courts of Waterford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 30.45% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Aurora, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.67 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.49 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.02 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd0.41 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fkc - East Aurora2.7 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center4.34 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center6.59 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Oswego6.69 miles away1051 Station Dr. Oswego Illinois 60543CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (630) 554-4783
- Fmc - Naperbrook7.09 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Plainfield North8.83 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Fmc - Dupage West9.39 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356