Alden Courts of Waterford is in Aurora, Illinois. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a solid grade. In our view, this place looks like a good fit for most people. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Alden Courts of Waterford
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
It should be noted that this facility's inspection grade outpaced its overall grade. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for its inspections rating, which is a very solid score. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had a generally favorable view of this nursing home's inspections.
This nursing home also excelled in nursing, where it received an B. Few places performed better in this area. The nursing grade is based on a number of datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Courts of Waterford?
Short-term Care Quality
The next best area we gave this facility in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is generally a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. In this nursing home's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is long-term care. We gave it a C in that area. This is a decent grade in this category. Long-term care grades focus on a nursing home's personal care instead of the skilled nursing or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated just 75.524475 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Courts of Waterford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which suffered falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 29.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 87.49% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Aurora, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.67 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.49 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.02 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd0.41 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fkc - East Aurora2.7 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center4.34 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center6.59 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Oswego6.69 miles away1051 Station Dr. Oswego Illinois 60543CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (630) 554-4783
- Fmc - Naperbrook7.09 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Plainfield North8.83 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Fmc - Dupage West9.39 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356