Alden Courts of Waterford is in Aurora, Illinois. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a solid grade. In our view, this place looks like a good fit for most people. This facility didn't excel in every category we looked at, but it didn't receive any terrible grades either. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alden Courts of Waterford
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Aurora senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection grade. Its inspection score was far better than its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A-. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had favorable view of this nursing home's inspections.
This nursing home earned high grades in nursing as well. It earned one of our highest grades in that category with an B-. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses worked with residents, in computing our grade in this category. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Courts of Waterford?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best area is short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a C. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. We were surprised to find that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is long-term care, which is this nursing home's worst category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in this area. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 74.5098 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Courts of Waterford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 31.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 87.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Courts of Waterford, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.67 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.6 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.49 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.02 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Fox Valley Dialysis Ltd0.41 miles away1300 Waterford Drive Aurora Illinois 60504CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 236-1300
- Fkc - East Aurora2.7 miles away810 North Farnsworth Avenue Aurora Illinois 60505Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 585-1228
- Fmc - Aurora Dialysis Center4.34 miles away455 Mercy Lane Aurora Illinois 60506CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 892-7445
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center6.59 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Oswego6.69 miles away1051 Station Dr. Oswego Illinois 60543CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (630) 554-4783
- Fmc - Naperbrook7.09 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Fmc - Plainfield North8.83 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Fmc - Dupage West9.39 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356