A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods is located in Atlanta, Georgia. The city offers several available nursing homes. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is undoubtedly a very impressive facility. Indeed, this is one of the highest rated facilities in Atlanta. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Atlanta senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a top notch facility overall, it also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a fine short-term care score. In fact, this ended up being its second most impressive category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our short-term care ratings are likely more critical for residents in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, we awarded this facility a score of A- for our long-term care rating. This is a first-rate score. For residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 92.53333 percent of its residents. This is somewhat below what we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to the next category, this nursing home also performed admirably in the nursing category. We awarded it a B+ for this category. This topped off a very strong profile. Nursing grades are mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents which experienced a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care patients that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 4.8% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 94.56% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 11 other nursing homes
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 0.86 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 7.37 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Southern Lane Dialysis1.16 miles away1840 Southern Lane Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 325-8884
- Emory Dialysis LLC1.88 miles away2165 North Decatur Road Suite 100 Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 22 (404) 251-2330
- Dci Dekalb2.49 miles away558 Medlock Road Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 371-0499
- Fmcna Dialysis Services of Decatur2.78 miles away2721 Irwin Way Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 21 (404) 298-5450
- Ford Factory Square Dialysis3.05 miles away567 North Ave Ne Suite 100 Atlanta Georgia 30308CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (404) 745-9581
- Atlanta Dialysis3.05 miles away567 North Ave Ne Ste 200 Atlanta Georgia 30308Dialysis Stations: 28 (404) 853-1662
- Fmc of Dekalb Gwinnett Inc3.09 miles away497 Winn Way Suite 160 Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 294-7070
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.3.44 miles away240 Ponce De Leon Ave Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (404) 815-4667