A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods is located in Atlanta, Georgia. The city offers several available nursing homes. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is undoubtedly a very impressive facility. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the highest rated facilities in Atlanta. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a top notch facility overall, it also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a fine long-term care score. In fact, this ended up being its second most impressive category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.143234 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive short-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that category with a score of B+. Short-term care scores are vital for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The last category we scored is nursing, where this facility was awarded a B. Believe it or not, this is this nursing home's weakest area. A nursing home is doing something right when it's poorest score still rates higher than most nursing homes. The nursing score weighs several data points. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 5.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 93.26% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 21 other nursing homes
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 0.86 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 7.37 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Southern Lane Dialysis1.16 miles away1840 Southern Lane Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 325-8884
- Emory Dialysis LLC1.88 miles away2165 North Decatur Road Suite 100 Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 22 (404) 251-2330
- Dci Dekalb2.49 miles away558 Medlock Road Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 371-0499
- Fmcna Dialysis Services of Decatur2.78 miles away2721 Irwin Way Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 21 (404) 298-5450
- Ford Factory Square Dialysis3.05 miles away567 North Ave Ne Suite 100 Atlanta Georgia 30308CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (404) 745-9581
- Atlanta Dialysis3.05 miles away567 North Ave Ne Ste 200 Atlanta Georgia 30308Dialysis Stations: 28 (404) 853-1662
- Fmc of Dekalb Gwinnett Inc3.09 miles away497 Winn Way Suite 160 Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 294-7070
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.3.44 miles away240 Ponce De Leon Ave Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (404) 815-4667