A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods is located in Atlanta, Georgia. The city offers several available nursing homes. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is undoubtedly a very impressive facility. Not surprisingly, this is substantially better than many of the facilities in Atlanta. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive grade in inspections. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In this category, we gave this facility a grade of A. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a very impressive long-term care score. This actually turned out to be its second best category score. In that area, this facility received a score of A. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.05882 percent of its patients. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths for the senior population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, this nursing home was awarded a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- in that category. Short-term care ratings are critical for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The last category we looked at was nursing. We gave this nursing home an acceptable score in that area, with a B-. Although this wasn't as favorable as a few of this facility's other grades, it is still not a major area of concern. There are several data points within this category. Many of these factors are tied to staffing levels. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that have sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 5.28% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 93.36% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In A.g. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 21 other nursing homes
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 0.86 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.96 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.93 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 7.37 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Southern Lane Dialysis1.16 miles away1840 Southern Lane Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 325-8884
- Emory Dialysis LLC1.88 miles away2165 North Decatur Road Suite 100 Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 22 (404) 251-2330
- Dci Dekalb2.49 miles away558 Medlock Road Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 371-0499
- Fmcna Dialysis Services of Decatur2.78 miles away2721 Irwin Way Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 21 (404) 298-5450
- Ford Factory Square Dialysis3.05 miles away567 North Ave Ne Suite 100 Atlanta Georgia 30308CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (404) 745-9581
- Atlanta Dialysis3.05 miles away567 North Ave Ne Ste 200 Atlanta Georgia 30308Dialysis Stations: 28 (404) 853-1662
- Fmc of Dekalb Gwinnett Inc3.09 miles away497 Winn Way Suite 160 Decatur Georgia 30030Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 294-7070
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.3.44 miles away240 Ponce De Leon Ave Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (404) 815-4667