Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin is an average-sized nursing home located in Santa Ana, California. This is a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Santa Ana. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this place excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A-. Not many nursing homes fared better in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Among its many impressive grades, this nursing home earned an excellent nursing rating. In fact, we gave it an B in that area. Our nursing rating consists of many datapoints, however, the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we graded was short-term care. This nursing home received an impressive short-term care score, with a B in the category. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was long-term care. This facility was given a B- for the area. Long-term care scores are critical for individuals in need of non-healthcare services such as personal care. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 95.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is important for residents' health.
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Santa Ana, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Santa Ana, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Fmc-South Orange County0.14 miles away2020 E. First Street, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 972-1236
- Davita-Tustin Ranch Dialysis0.21 miles away721 W 1st Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 544-0079
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana0.35 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850
- Fmc-Rai-East First Street-Tustin0.98 miles away535 E. First Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 730-1428
- Davita-Tustin Dialysis Center1.3 miles away2090 N. Tustin Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 835-2450
- Davita-Santa Ana Dialysis Center2.88 miles away1820 E. Deere Avenue Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (949) 251-1221
- Satellite Healthcare Orange3.12 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675
- Davita-Main Place Dialysis Center3.5 miles away146 South Main Street Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 938-0870