Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin is an average-sized nursing home located in Santa Ana, California. This is a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. As a matter of fact, this proved to be better than most of the facilities in Santa Ana. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Santa Ana senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a solid overall score, this nursing home also earned a strong inspection score, which is based on its recent health inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Building on its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in nursing. We awarded it a grade of B+ for that category. Nursing grades are largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it was given a grade of B. It outpaced most facilities in this area. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in that category. In forming these short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Rehab Center of Tustin, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Santa Ana, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Ana, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.56 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Fmc-South Orange County0.14 miles away2020 E. First Street, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 972-1236
- Davita-Tustin Ranch Dialysis0.21 miles away721 W 1st Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 544-0079
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana0.35 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850
- Fmc-Rai-East First Street-Tustin0.98 miles away535 E. First Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 730-1428
- Davita-Tustin Dialysis Center1.3 miles away2090 N. Tustin Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 835-2450
- Davita-Santa Ana Dialysis Center2.88 miles away1820 E. Deere Avenue Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (949) 251-1221
- Satellite Healthcare Orange3.12 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675
- Davita-Main Place Dialysis Center3.5 miles away146 South Main Street Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 938-0870