Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas is a small facility located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is a very strong rating. We could not find many bad things to say about this facility. Its ratings are just impeccable. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them a grade of A+ in this category. In computing our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is often a useful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing rating weighs many factors, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated turned out to be this nursing home's poorest category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it a respectable grade of C for our long-term care category. Long-term care grades are typically used to grade a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on vaccination rates. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas, 9.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas, 68.33% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 28 other nursing homes
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away5400 South Rainbow Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89118Proprietary(702) 853-3000
- Saint Rose Dominican Hospitals - San Martin CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away8280 W Warm Springs Road Las Vegas Nevada 89113Voluntary non-profit - Church(702) 492-8509
- Southern Hills Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away9300 West Sunset Rd Las Vegas Nevada 89148Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 880-2100
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 5.08 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Desert Springs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away2075 East Flamingo Road Las Vegas Nevada 89119Proprietary(702) 369-7600
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 6.1 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away3186 S Maryland Pkwy Las Vegas Nevada 89109Proprietary(702) 731-8000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- South Rainbow Dialysis (Fmc)1.38 miles away7040 W Sunset Rd Las Vegas Nevada 89113CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (702) 248-1807
- Liberty Dialysis - Las Vegas (Fmc)1.44 miles away6970 W Patrick Ln Ste 100b Las Vegas Nevada 89113CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (702) 247-6761
- Spring Valley Dialysis (Dva)3.32 miles away3855 S Jones Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89103CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (702) 248-0379
- Southern Hills Dialysis Center (Dva)4.14 miles away9280 W Sunset Rd Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89148CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (702) 318-3167
- Las Vegas Pediatric Dialysis (Dva)5.27 miles away7271 W Sahara Ave Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89117Dialysis Stations: 4 (702) 227-3049
- West Sahara Dialysis (Fmc)5.53 miles away7710 West Sahara Ave Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (702) 243-2763
- South Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)5.87 miles away2250 S Rancho Dr Ste 115 Las Vegas Nevada 89102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (702) 795-1771
- Las Vegas Dialysis (Dva)5.97 miles away2333 Renaissance Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89119CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 740-8580