Accordius Health at Clemmons is an average-sized nursing home located in Clemmons, North Carolina. We gave this nursing home a rock bottom overall rating based on the data we assessed. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Clemmons. The city has just one other nursing home. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually received one respectable category grade in inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Accordius Health at Clemmons
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an F. Nursing scores are mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. With a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident each day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Accordius Health at Clemmons?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care, where this facility received an F. Facilities that don't score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 37.890625 percent of its residents. This is many points less than average. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was short-term care, where this nursing home received a very poor score in this category as well. It received a lowly F for this area, which is definitely somewhat alarming. In computing our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this place was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Accordius Health at Clemmons Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 10.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 22.36% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 2.92% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 88.16% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 19.43% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 26.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 26.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 11.94 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.13 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University7.5 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Wfu Baptist Medical Center Dialysis Unit8.47 miles away8 N Hemodialysis Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem North Carolina 27157Dialysis Stations: 4 (336) 716-3170
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University9.49 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360
- Salem Kidney Center of Wake Forest University11.98 miles away2705 Boulder Park Court Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 761-8808
- Davie Kidney Center of Wake Forest University13.42 miles away190 Interstate Drive Mocksville North Carolina 27028Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 753-1210
- Northside Dialysis Center of Wake Forest Univerisity13.73 miles away500 West Hanes Mill Road Winston Salem North Carolina 27105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (336) 744-0577
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University15.97 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808
- Yadkin Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University17.35 miles away225 Washington Street Yadkinville North Carolina 27055Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 677-1182