Accordius Health at Clemmons is an average-sized nursing home located in Clemmons, North Carolina. We gave this nursing home a rock bottom overall rating based on the data we assessed. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Clemmons. The city has just one other nursing home. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Accordius Health at Clemmons
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3905 Clemmons Road,
Clemmons NC 27012
84.46% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B for our inspections category. This was due to the nursing home receiving a quality government inspection report this year. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid places with too many severe deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the category of long-term care. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. Once we assessed the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated only 32.575756 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Accordius Health at Clemmons?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. There are numerous factors included in this grade. Most of the datapoints are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility offered just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was short-term care. This nursing home was given a very poor grade of F in that area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.7 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Accordius Health at Clemmons Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who had falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term residents that have experienced UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 3.01% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 87.89% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Accordius Health at Clemmons, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.02 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.13 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University7.5 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Wfu Baptist Medical Center Dialysis Unit8.47 miles away8 N Hemodialysis Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem North Carolina 27157Dialysis Stations: 4 (336) 716-3170
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University9.49 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360
- Salem Kidney Center of Wake Forest University11.98 miles away2705 Boulder Park Court Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 761-8808
- Davie Kidney Center of Wake Forest University13.42 miles away190 Interstate Drive Mocksville North Carolina 27028Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 753-1210
- Northside Dialysis Center of Wake Forest Univerisity13.73 miles away500 West Hanes Mill Road Winston Salem North Carolina 27105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (336) 744-0577
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University15.97 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808
- Yadkin Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University17.35 miles away225 Washington Street Yadkinville North Carolina 27055Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 677-1182