Accel at Golden Ridge is a senior living facility located in Golden, Colorado, a city with a population of 57,589 people. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a favorable rating. Based on our ratings, you can do much worse than this nursing home. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong short-term care rating, which you can find in the next section.
Accel at Golden Ridge
- Nursing Home
Updated Aug 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Accel at Golden Ridge has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall score, this nursing home fared well in short-term care. We awarded it an A+ for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Short-term care grades are commonly used to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
In addition, this facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on its recent inspections. We gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our top grades. Inspection ratings are tied to pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Accel at Golden Ridge?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. In computing our nursing grades, we look at both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care, turned out to be this facility's worst category. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in that category. This really was one of the couple of weak points in a strong profile. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the criteria we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 97.22222 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Accel at Golden Ridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients that had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 3.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 84.99% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 12.03 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Accel at Golden Ridge, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.43 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.72 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)3.5 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)5.47 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)6.84 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Mile High Pd (Dva)7.22 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)7.22 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)7.56 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)7.58 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)8.08 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127