Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center is in the large metropolitan area of Modesto, California with a total of 255,354 people. With an overall grade of B-, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our analysis, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. The best part of this facility's profile was its stellar inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this nursing home outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with a grade of A. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a positive long-term care score. In fact, we awarded them a grade of B in that area, which is one of our more favorable scores. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at was short-term care. We awarded this facility a D in our short-term care category, leaving this as the facility's weakest area. In determining our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is typically a fair measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we considered. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients that have sustained falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Modesto, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Modesto, California has 9 other nursing homes
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.3 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.82 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away825 Delbon Ave Turlock California 95382Voluntary non-profit - Church(209) 667-4200
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Modesto Kidney Center, LLC1.61 miles away305 E. Granger Ave.., Ste. 102 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (209) 574-6800
- Wellbound of Modesto1.99 miles away1315 Tenth Street #100 Modesto California 95354Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 238-4080
- Satellite Dialysis Central Modesto1.99 miles away1315 10th Street, Suite 300 Modesto California 95354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 238-4087
- Archway Modesto Home Training2.12 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto2.74 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691
- Satellite Healthcare Ceres3.27 miles away1372 Mitchell Road Modesto California 95351Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 300-8700
- Ceres Dialysis Center3.41 miles away1768 Mitchell Road Suite 308 Ceres California 95307CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (209) 538-9853
- Davita Whitmore Dialysis3.92 miles away1424 E. Whitmore Ave Ceres California 95307Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 541-1460