Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center is in the large metropolitan area of Modesto, California with a total of 255,354 people. With an overall grade of B, this facility is a fine option. This facility turned out to be one of the better nursing homes in Modesto. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Modesto senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this nursing home an A- for our inspections rating. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. There are several datapoints included in this area. Many of these datapoints reflect nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this nursing home was given a C for short-term care, which we consider to be a respectable rating. Our short-term care ratings are critical for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 0.72% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 5.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.88% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. High rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 100% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 15.79% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.51% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.51% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 4.77% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Acacia Park Nursing & Rehab Center, 100% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Modesto, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Modesto, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.3 miles away1700 Coffee Rd Modesto California 95355Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 526-4500
- Doctors Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.82 miles away1441 Florida Avenue Modesto California 95350Proprietary(209) 578-1211
- Oak Valley Hospital DistrictAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away350 S Oak Ave Oakdale California 95361Government - Hospital District or Authority(209) 847-3011
- Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away825 Delbon Ave Turlock California 95382Voluntary non-profit - Church(209) 667-4200
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 16.36 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Modesto Kidney Center, LLC1.61 miles away305 E. Granger Ave.., Ste. 102 Modesto California 95350CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (209) 574-6800
- Wellbound of Modesto1.99 miles away1315 Tenth Street #100 Modesto California 95354Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 238-4080
- Satellite Dialysis Central Modesto1.99 miles away1315 10th Street, Suite 300 Modesto California 95354CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 238-4087
- Archway Modesto Home Training2.12 miles away3001 Health Care Way, Suite 101 Modesto California 95350Dialysis Stations: 4 (209) 543-1721
- Satellite Dialysis Modesto2.74 miles away3500 Coffee Road #21 Modesto California 95355CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 578-0691
- Satellite Healthcare Ceres3.27 miles away1372 Mitchell Road Modesto California 95351Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 300-8700
- Ceres Dialysis Center3.41 miles away1768 Mitchell Road Suite 308 Ceres California 95307CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (209) 538-9853
- Davita Whitmore Dialysis3.92 miles away1424 E. Whitmore Ave Ceres California 95307Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 541-1460