Abington of Glenview Nursing is a large facility located in Glenview, Illinois. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. This facility has a few things working in its favor. This nursing home didn't fare well in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Abington of Glenview Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home one of our higher grades in the area of short-term care, where it earned an impressive grade of A-. This is far better than its overall grade, which was certainly not elite. In our short-term care category, we strive to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
This facility's second best category grade came in the area of government inspections. In that area, we gave this facility a B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Abington of Glenview Nursing?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the level of skill of the nurses. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was long-term care, which ended up being this facility's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a D in this area. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. We were concerned by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated only 82.90909 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Abington of Glenview Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who had a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients that were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 29.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 87.49% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is vital to patients health.
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Glenview, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Glenview, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.33 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center0.48 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Niles1.9 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Glen Dialysis2.39 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Des Plaines4.14 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis4.84 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center5.49 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Mount Prospect5.8 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis5.95 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620