Abington of Glenview Nursing is a large facility located in Glenview, Illinois. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack grade. This facility has a few things working in its favor. We were also pleased to discover that this facility was consistent in each of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Abington of Glenview Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Abington of Glenview Nursing has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Glenview senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a short-term care grade which is stronger than its overall grade. We gave this facility a B in this area. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This facility also excelled in nursing, where it received an B. Few facilities performed better in this area. When determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the amount of time nurses are with patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Abington of Glenview Nursing?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last area is long-term care, where we gave this facility a C in that area. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. One of the data points we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 51.03448 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Abington of Glenview Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 11.74% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 4.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 0.73% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 10.07% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 10.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 5.53% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 71.2% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 17.77% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 27.62% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 27.62% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 9.08% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Abington of Glenview Nursing, 67.94% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.33 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center0.48 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Niles1.9 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Glen Dialysis2.39 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Des Plaines4.14 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis4.84 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center5.49 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Mount Prospect5.8 miles away1710 West Golf Road Mount Prospect Illinois 60056Dialysis Stations: 8 (847) 640-7101
- Davita - Norwood Park Dialysis5.95 miles away7435 W Talcott Ave - Outpatient Dialysis Chicago Illinois 60631Dialysis Stations: 14 (773) 990-7620