A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility is a nursing home located in Uniondale, New York. The city has a population of 26,051 people. This proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. In addition, this is a hospital-based facility, which may add peace of mind for prospective patients with significant health conditions. The best part of this facility's profile was is its long-term care rating. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
875 Jerusalem Avenue,
Uniondale NY 11553
81.86% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Government - State
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility fared well in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of A- for that area. This boosted its overall profile. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.78854 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this facility an B. Our nursing score considers numerous factors. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility?
This nursing home received a good score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection grades are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was short-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients who have pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 3.11% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 2.03% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 13.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 13.75% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 90.38% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 15.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 14.12% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility.
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 14.12 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 9.74 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.56 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.56 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away4295 Hempstead Turnpike Bethpage New York 11714Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 579-6000
- Plainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away888 Old Country Road Plainview New York 11803Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 719-3000
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 8.15 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- St Francis Hospital, RoslynAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away100 Port Washington Boulevard Roslyn New York 11576Voluntary non-profit - Church(516) 562-6000
- Nassau University Medical Center0.43 miles awayA. Holly Paterson Extended Care Facility 875 Jerusalem Avenue Uniondale New York 11553CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (516) 572-1800
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hempstead2.28 miles away615 Peninsula Boulevard Hempstead New York 11550CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 483-6702
- Davita Garden City Dialysis Center2.69 miles away1100 Stewart Avenue Suite 2 Garden City New York 11530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 357-0004
- Main Street Dialysis Center, LLC2.77 miles away3 North Main Street Freeport New York 11520Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 771-7112
- Fresenius Kidney Care Bellmore3.43 miles away250 Pettit Avenue Bellmore New York 11710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 679-3090
- Davita Freeport Kidney Center3.49 miles away351 South Main Street Freeport New York 11520CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (516) 623-1786
- S. Nassau Communities Hosp.3.99 miles away1 Healthy Way Dialysis - Acute Unit Oceanside New York 11572Dialysis Stations: 3 (516) 632-3944
- Nyu Langone Hospitals4 miles away200 Old Country Road The Dialysis Center Mineola New York 11501CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (516) 663-9012