Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf is in the large metropolitan area of San Francisco, California. With an overall rating of A, this nursing home is ranked among the highest graded facilities in San Francisco. This is an impressive accomplishment since the city is actually ranked among the best areas in the country when it comes to nursing home ratings. In addition, this facility is also located in a hospital, which can often mean the nursing home offers a wider array of medical services. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1001 Potrero Avenue,
San Francisco CA 94110
92.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility received an excellent inspection report. Consequently, we gave it one of our best grades in this category with an A. Our inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many impressive grades, this nursing home was given first-rate short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in that category. Short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This nursing home excelled at the highest level in two key staffing areas we looked at. In fact, it offered about 50% more care from registered nurses and physical therapists than a typical nursing home. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that it fared better than most nursing homes in this area with 53.8 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, at most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This place boasts a really impressive 6.1 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, of which a significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the more highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering high levels of nursing care, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we assessed. In terms of the number of its residents suffering falls resulting in serious injury, this place performed as well as any facility California.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category, this facility also received a very strong long-term care score, with an A-. This topped off an elusive straight A profile. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 91.89189 percent of its patients. This is a few points lower than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care residents that experienced a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who have had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 4.32% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 96.21% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma Snf, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for San Francisco, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Francisco, California has 15 other nursing homes
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma CtrAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1001 Potrero Avenue San Francisco California 94110Government - Local(415) 206-8000
- California Pacific Medical Center - Mission BernalAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away3555 Cesar Chavez Street San Francisco California 94110Voluntary non-profit - Church(415) 641-6562
- California Pacific Medical Center- Van Ness CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.25 miles away1101 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 600-6000
- Saint Francis Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away900 Hyde St San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 353-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San FranciscoAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away2425 Geary Blvd San Francisco California 94115Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 833-2646
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Ucsf Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0296 San Francisco California 94143Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 353-2733
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.9 miles away450 Stanyan St San Francisco California 94117Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 668-1000
- San Francisco General Hospital Renal Center0.13 miles away1001 Potrero Bldg. 100, Room 342 San Francisco California 94110Dialysis Stations: 13 (415) 206-8242
- Fmc Potrero Avenue0.39 miles away626 Potrero Ave San Francisco California 94110Dialysis Stations: 25 (415) 648-4182
- Pediatric Dialysis Unit at Ucsf1.11 miles away1825 4th Street, Room m5209 Box San Francisco California 94143Dialysis Stations: 6 (415) 353-2425
- Davies Dialysis1.41 miles away45 Castro Street, South Tower 2nd Floor San Francisco California 94114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (415) 252-7030
- Rai Haight1.71 miles away1800 Haight Street San Francisco California 94117Dialysis Stations: 17 (415) 752-9886
- Davita Golden Gate Dialysis2.21 miles away2700 Geary Blvd. Suite A San Francisco California 94118Dialysis Stations: 24 (415) 345-1869
- Uc Chronic Dialysis/Mt. Zion2.38 miles away1675 Scott Street San Francisco California 94115Dialysis Stations: 14 (415) 885-7421
- Sf Chinatown Dialysis Center2.76 miles away636 Clay Street San Francisco California 94111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (415) 291-8992