Zarrow Pointe is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Tulsa, Oklahoma with a total of 413,574 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-graded nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires superb scores across the board. Despite Tulsa having 21 other nursing homes to choose from, this facility managed to stand out as a great selection. Keep reading to find this place's category scores, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A report card.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this facility excelled in the area of long-term care. We gave it a grade of A for that category. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After considering the volume of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. Nursing ratings are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Zarrow Pointe?
Racking up another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it received a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last area, we awarded this facility an A for our short-term care score. This finished off a first-rate report card. In computing our short-term care scores, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a reliable measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Zarrow Pointe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Zarrow Pointe, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Zarrow Pointe, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Zarrow Pointe, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Zarrow Pointe, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Zarrow Pointe, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Zarrow Pointe, 3.83% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Zarrow Pointe, 92.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Zarrow Pointe, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Zarrow Pointe, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Zarrow Pointe, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Zarrow Pointe, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Zarrow Pointe, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Zarrow Pointe, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Tulsa, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tulsa, Oklahoma has 20 other nursing homes
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 3.41 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 5.75 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Fmcna - South Tulsa1.19 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock2.22 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis2.66 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis3.01 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- Davita - Central Tulsa5.95 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis6.08 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- Davita - Southcrest6.25 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit6.25 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072