Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Zachary, Louisiana. This nursing home received an overall grade of B-, which is a solid grade. This facility seems to have some things working in its favor. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
6161 Main Street,
Zachary LA 70791
60% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Our inspection grades are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also performed favorably in the category of long-term care, with an impressive grade of A- in this area. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. The last statistic we looked at was the nursing home's hospitalization rate. We found that this facility had 2.82 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. While this admittedly wasn't as strong as some of its other scores in this category, this figure may be skewed for some nursing homes based on the preexisting medical conditions of patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of C in this category. In computing these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This facility performed better in this statistic. This place fared better than most nursing homes in this metric with 55.1 percent of its patients returning home.
The last area we graded is nursing, which was this nursing home's least impressive category. Sadly, it received an F in this area, which is certainly very disappointing. The nursing rating assesses quite a few factors, but the paramount one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home offered just 3.1 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is well below average. To go along with its low totals in the area of nursing hours per resident, this facility also did not fare as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in determining our nursing grades. We looked at the percentage of residents sustaining pressure ulcers and major falls. This place had more pressure ulcers and falls than the average facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.91% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.75% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.57% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 89.69% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.57% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.33% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.33 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.99 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Zachary Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 64% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Lane Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.12 miles away6300 Main Street Zachary Louisiana 70791Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 658-4000
- Baton Rouge General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.75 miles away3600 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 387-7767
- West Feliciana Parish HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.27 miles away5266 Commerce Street, Building B Saint Francisville Louisiana 70775Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 635-3811
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton RougeAcute Care Hospitals 16.44 miles away17000 Medical Center Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 752-2470
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.13 miles away5000 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Voluntary non-profit - Church(225) 765-6565
- Womans HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.68 miles away100 Woman's Way Baton Rouge Louisiana 70817Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 927-1300
- Pointe Coupee General HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.4 miles away2202 False River Drive New Roads Louisiana 70760Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 368-6386
- Fmcna - Zachary Crossroad1.06 miles away4709 Secretary Dr Zachary Louisiana 70791CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (225) 654-1450
- Fmcna - Baker4.55 miles away4353 Groom Rd Baker Louisiana 70714CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (225) 775-0217
- Fmcna - Howell Place8.43 miles away7707 Howell Pl Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70807CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (225) 357-3798
- Davita - Scotlandville Dialysis9.11 miles away7797 Howell Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70807Dialysis Stations: 18 (225) 357-6928
- Fmcna - Airline10.18 miles away5948 Airline Hwy Baton Rouge Louisiana 70805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (225) 357-9055
- Fmcna - Foster Dr Dialysis Svcs12.59 miles away1919 N Foster Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 354-1611
- Fmcna - Dialysis Services of Bon Carre13.4 miles away7656 Realtors Ave Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 216-0388
- Fmcna - Felicianas Dialysis Ctr13.57 miles away2995 Race St Jackson Louisiana 70748Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 634-2733