Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. Featuring an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. Even in a city featuring 18 other nursing homes, this nursing home really stands out as a great option. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section
Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing grade is mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this facility also received a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. Our short-term care grades are presumably more important for those needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care, where this nursing home was given a B-. While this turned out to be its lowest category rating, this is still not a terrible score. In the category of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of care offered by a nursing home, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 96.888885 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents which experienced falls leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ybor City Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 2.81 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Brandon Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.18 miles away119 Oakfield Dr Brandon Florida 33511Proprietary(813) 681-5551
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.51 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 17.36 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- South Bay HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.64 miles away4016 Sun City Center Blvd Sun City Center Florida 33573Proprietary(813) 634-3301
- East Tampa Dialysis0.76 miles away1701 E 9th Avenue Tampa Florida 33605CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 247-1820
- Tampa General Hospital Esrd1.37 miles awayPediatric Dialysis 1 Tampa General Circle Tampa Florida 33601Dialysis Stations: 7 (813) 844-4210
- Kennedy Boulevard Dialysis2.13 miles away2205 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33606Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 254-3638
- Tampa Bay Dialysis2.35 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023
- Greater Tampa at Home2.51 miles away4204 N. Mac Dill Ave North Bldg. Suite 1 Tampa Florida 33607Dialysis Stations: 4 (813) 872-8216
- Dsi - Tampa Central2.7 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100
- Central Tampa Dialysis2.76 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202
- Fmc - Ybor City2.76 miles away2525 E. Hillsborough Ave Suite 209 Tampa Florida 33610CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 231-6859