Wynscape Health & Rehab is a large nursing home in Wheaton, Illinois. This facility is one of the most impressive facilities we assessed. It received one of the best ratings we offer. We rated this nursing home in the 100 best facilities in Illinois, which is a distinguished list. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Wynscape Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ for its short-term care grade. With our short-term care rating, we endeavor to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Wynscape Health & Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also fared very well in the category of long-term care, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes received a better grade in this area. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the last area, we awarded this nursing home a A+ for its nursing score. This wrapped up a very favorable profile. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wynscape Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 29.8% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 87.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wynscape Health & Rehab, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 9.97 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.67 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.01 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Davita - Geneva Crossings2.52 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086
- Fmc - Dupage West2.94 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn4.56 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center4.62 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis4.97 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Fmc - Naperville North Dialysis Center5.84 miles away516 W 5th Ave. Naperville Illinois 60563Dialysis Stations: 21 (630) 753-9295
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis5.92 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center6.07 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286