Wyant Woods Care Center is in Akron, Ohio. The city has a host of nursing home options. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. Based on our ratings, this facility likely isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection score. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Wyant Woods Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Akron senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this place incredibly poorly overall, it earned a relatively impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our more favorable scores in that category with a grade of B. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid places with too many severe deficiencies flagged. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't fare terribly in the category of long-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which wound up being another one of its more favorable grades. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to just 70.3827 percent of its residents. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Wyant Woods Care Center?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. Our nursing score is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this nursing home didn't fare well in this area either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is really as terrible as it gets. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With its poor grade in this area, we weren't shocked to discover this place offered substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wyant Woods Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 4% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 2.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 18.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 31.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 37.57% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression may imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 78.42% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 26.59% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 13.41% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 13.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wyant Woods Care Center, 75.36% of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Akron, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Akron, Ohio has 16 other nursing homes
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.93 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.14 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Fmc White Pond1.95 miles away690 White Pond Dr., Suite 101 Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 835-9047
- Fmc - Akron West1.95 miles away3558 Ridgewood Rd Akron Ohio 44333Dialysis Stations: 6 (330) 668-6200
- Davita - White Ponds Dialysis2.2 miles away791 White Pond Drive Akron Ohio 44320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 835-9083
- Dialysis Care Center Akron LLC4.26 miles away1505 South Hawkins Avenue Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 11 (330) 612-0540
- Fmc - Akron East4.35 miles away199 Perkins Street Akron Ohio 44304CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 376-7600
- Fmc - Akron4.76 miles away345 Bishop Street Akron Ohio 44307Dialysis Stations: 30 (330) 376-4905
- Childrens Hospital Medical Ctr - Akron5.33 miles awayOne Perkins Square - Dialysis Akron Ohio 44308Dialysis Stations: 4 (330) 543-8773
- Davita Akron Renal Center6.2 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 375-6848