With an address in Largo, Florida, Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is one of just three nursing homes in the area. We gave this facility a superb overall score of A. In fact, this turned out to be the number one rated facility in the city. This is really as good of a place as you'll find. This nursing home also received phenomenal scores in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Largo senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Largo, Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Largo, Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Largo, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly perfect. Our inspection grades are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+. Nursing grades are primarily based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, this nursing home was given an excellent short-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A in that area. In our short-term care category, we strive to create a sound measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, this facility also was given a first-rate long-term care score, with a B+. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who have sustained a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 2.65% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 16.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 27.03% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 4.03% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 6.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.27% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.27% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 5.2% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wrights Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 93.46% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.9 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.43 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 11.91 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bay Breeze Dialysis Clinic Inc1.67 miles away11550 Ulmerton Rd Largo Florida 33778CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 584-4047
- Rai Care Centers - Largo2.1 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- Lake Seminole Dialysis2.24 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180
- Seminole Dialysis Center2.91 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater4.71 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies5.13 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center5.13 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC5.24 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490