Woodview Care and Rehabilitation is located in Columbus, Ohio. This city is among the most populated cities in the nation with has a total of 783,285 people. We gave this facility a C overall, which isn't a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Columbus, which is a B-. You can certainly do worse than this place. This nursing home did not fare well in every category we looked at, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. More information about these categories can be found below.
Woodview Care and Rehabilitation
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2770 Clime Road,
Columbus OH 43223
69.68% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a nursing score which is stronger than its overall grade. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. The nursing rating weighs a host of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these metrics as predictive indicators of the quality of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
This nursing home also earned favorable health inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a B. Our inspection scores are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodview Care and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's third most favorable area ended up being its short-term care grade, where it was given a grade of B-. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This place performed decently in this area, with 49.1 percent of its residents returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D in the area of long-term care. This was the nursing home's least impressive category score. Facilities that don't score well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. We were a bit worried that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to only 87.37374 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodview Care and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 19.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 90.11% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodview Care and Rehabilitation, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Columbus, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Columbus, Ohio has 21 other nursing homes
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 2.38 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 5.22 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.24 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Davita - Columbus West at Home2.71 miles away1391 Georgesville Rd. Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 3 (614) 279-8495
- Davita - Columbus West Dialysis2.71 miles away1395 Georgesville Road Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 279-8495
- Davita - Grove City Dialysis3.02 miles away4155 Kelnor Drive Grove City Ohio 43123Dialysis Stations: 8 (614) 801-0323
- Fmc - Grove City3.12 miles away3149 Farm Bank Way Groveport Ohio 43125CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (614) 875-2349
- Fmc Liberty Dialysis West Columbus3.43 miles away4500 West Broad St Columbus Ohio 43228Dialysis Stations: 19 (614) 853-5995
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel West3.49 miles away745 West State St Suite 660 Columbus Ohio 43222Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 224-2344
- Fmc - Greater Columbus Regional Dialysis, LLC4.87 miles away285 E. State St., Suite 170 Columbus Ohio 43215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (614) 228-9114
- Davita - Columbus Downtown Dialysis4.9 miles away415 East Mound Street Columbus Ohio 43215Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 228-1773