Woodside Manor Nursing Home is in the large metropolitan area of Rochester, New York. This is a very good facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. Indeed, we ranked this nursing home as the sixth best nursing home in Rochester. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Woodside Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received an A+ inspection grade. This score is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to this facility's list of strengths, it also received a first-rate long-term care grade. We awarded them an elite strong of A- in this category. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 92.68292 percent of its residents. This is a few points below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodside Manor Nursing Home?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. In computing our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. However, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a respectable grade of C for short-term care. In the category of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodside Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who have experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 13.6% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 91.89% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodside Manor Nursing Home, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Rochester, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Rochester, New York has 21 other nursing homes
- Strong Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.57 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 275-2121
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.77 miles away1000 South Avenue Rochester New York 14620Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 341-6736
- Rochester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away1425 Portland Avenue Rochester New York 14621Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 922-4000
- Unity Hospital of RochesterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away1555 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 723-7000
- Strong Health Dialysis-Clinton Crossings0.14 miles away2400 South Clinton Avenue Building F Rochester New York 14618CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (585) 461-0770
- Fms-Monroe Community Dialysis0.93 miles away435 East Henrietta Road Hope Bldg Rochester New York 14620Dialysis Stations: 16 (585) 292-0076
- Freedom Center of Rochester0.96 miles away100 Meridian Centre Rochester New York 14618Dialysis Stations: 1 (585) 241-9783
- University of Rochester1.5 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Dialysis Stations: 2 (585) 275-2829
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.1.84 miles away2613 West Henrietta Road Rochester New York 14623CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (585) 273-7600
- Unity Hospital of Rochester - St. Mary's3.23 miles away89 Genesee Street St. Mary's Campus Dialysis Rochester New York 14611Dialysis Stations: 21 (585) 368-3934
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc.5.15 miles away445 West Commercial Street East Rochester New York 14445Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 218-0517
- Rochester General Hospital Dialysis Center5.91 miles away370 Ridge Road East Ste. 10 Rochester New York 14621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (585) 922-0300