Woods Health Services is the only option we identified in La Verne, California. This facility was given an overall grade of B+, which is very good rating. In our view, this place looks like a solid choice for most people. Scroll down to see this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Woods Health Services
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home earned even higher grades in the area of nursing. In fact, it received one of our best grades in that category with a grade of A-. Our nursing grade includes a number of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings are not the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Woods Health Services?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this nursing home also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this area. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care, in which we gave it a favorable grade of B. This facility really didn't have any weak links. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 97.45763 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woods Health Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woods Health Services, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woods Health Services, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woods Health Services, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woods Health Services, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woods Health Services, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woods Health Services, 4.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woods Health Services, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woods Health Services, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woods Health Services, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woods Health Services, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woods Health Services, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woods Health Services, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.93 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 15.48 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.1.47 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.1.82 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership1.86 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.89 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center4.57 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Glendora5.33 miles away638 S. Glendora Avenue Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 914-5553
- Fmc-Rai-W. Foothill Blvd-Glendora5.67 miles away120 W. Foothill Blvd. Glendora California 91740CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (626) 335-7551
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis5.98 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515