Woodruff Manor is an average-sized government-owned nursing home located in Woodruff, South Carolina. With an overall rating of D, this is a well below average facility. This facility has very little going for it. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Woodruff Manor has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility well overall, we wanted to note its decent government inspection reports in recent years. We awarded it a relatively respectable score of B- in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we gave this nursing home an B-. Nursing grades are tied to nurse staffing levels. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodruff Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category ended up being its short-term care grade, where it was awarded a grade of B-. In our short-term care rating, we try to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The tricky part is determining what bearing this had on quality of care. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care. We gave this facility a B- in this category. In crafting our long-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's personal care services. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 97.916664 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodruff Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodruff Manor, 9.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodruff Manor, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodruff Manor, 3.18% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodruff Manor, 15.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodruff Manor, 19.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodruff Manor, 2.85% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodruff Manor, 88.92% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodruff Manor, 14.02% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodruff Manor, 20.24% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients well-being.
In Woodruff Manor, 1.69 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodruff Manor, 20.24 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodruff Manor, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodruff Manor, 73.11% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Prisma Health Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.24 miles away741 South East Main Street Simpsonville South Carolina 29681Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 454-6100
- Pelham Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away250 Westmoreland Road Greer South Carolina 29651Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Spartanburg Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.78 miles away101 E Wood St Spartanburg South Carolina 29303Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Prisma Health Greer Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.1 miles away830 South Buncombe Road Greer South Carolina 29650Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 848-8200
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.85 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Prisma Health Laurens County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.1 miles away22725 Highway 76 East Clinton South Carolina 29325Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 833-9100
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.1.34 miles away251 S. Pearson St Woodruff South Carolina 29388Dialysis Stations: 13 (864) 476-5625
- Total Renal Care, Inc.10.62 miles away289 Chapman Rd Fountain Inn South Carolina 29644Dialysis Stations: 11 (864) 862-2273
- Dci West Spartanburg13 miles away105 Tradd Street Spartanburg South Carolina 29301CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (864) 574-8828
- Dsi Powderhorn Dialysis13.35 miles away16 Powderhorn Road Simpsonville South Carolina 29681CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 962-2222
- Usrc Mauldin LLC13.84 miles away1328 Highway 14 Simpsonville South Carolina 29681Dialysis Stations: 12 (864) 881-4015
- Carolina Dialysis LLC14.95 miles away115 Interstate Park Spartanburg South Carolina 29303Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 576-9999
- Dci Spartanburg15.25 miles away203 Freemont Avenue Spartanburg South Carolina 29303CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 43 (864) 585-2046
- Wofford Dialysis16.28 miles away8024 White Ave Spartanburg South Carolina 29303Dialysis Stations: 14 (864) 583-4798