Woodlyn Heights Senior Living is an average-sized facility located in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. Featuring an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. You can certainly do much worse than this nursing home. The best part of this facility's impressive report card was its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Woodlyn Heights Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality facility is it received a very impressive short-term care rating. In fact, short-term care is its best category. In that area, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of A. Short-term care grades are vital for residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodlyn Heights Senior Living?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. The nursing rating includes a handful of subcategories, but the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is nursing, was this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this facility a D in this category. This is one of the few weak links of a quality profile. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 94.44445 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodlyn Heights Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients who have experienced a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients who sustained UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 4.58% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 93.31% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodlyn Heights Senior Living, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 11.55 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Regina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away1175 Nininger Road Hastings Minnesota 55033Voluntary non-profit - Church(651) 480-4100
- Fmc - West St Paul Dialysis2.38 miles away1590 S Robert St Ste 130 Saint Paul Minnesota 55118Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 457-2232
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita2.49 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995
- Eagan Dialysis of Davita4.5 miles away2750 Blue Water Rd, Suite 300 Saint Paul Minnesota 55121Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 688-0132
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita5.24 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Davita - Cottage Grove5.61 miles away8800 East Point Douglas Dr Cottage Grove Minnesota 55016Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 459-5655
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita6.24 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191
- Fmc Dialysis Services of St Paul6.27 miles away445 Etna Street Suite 60 Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 251-3847
- Davita Phalen Dialysis6.54 miles away863 Arcade St Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 776-0466