With an address in Arnold, Missouri, Woodland Manor Nursing Center is the lone option we identified there. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack nursing home. Based on our assessment, this place has some redeeming qualities. You should also take a look at this facility's category grades below. We discuss long-term care in the next section.
Woodland Manor Nursing Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
100 Woodland Court,
Arnold MO 63010
81.29% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We want to note that this place earned a much better grade for long-term care than it did overall. we gave it one of our best grades in that area with an A. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't take any chances. Lastly, we looked at its number of hospitalizations. Although it had 2.35 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was close to the national average since it had more complex patients.
This nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodland Manor Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this facility was awarded a grade of just D in this area. Short-term care scores are crucial for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. This includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last area we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This place fared better in this area, with 50.4 percent of its residents returning home. This was just about this nursing home's only redeeming quality in this category.
Moving on to our final area, we awarded this nursing home a D for our nursing category. This is the nursing home's weakest category rating. Naturally, this grade pulled down the facility's overall profile to some degree. We analyzed the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses were with patients, in computing our grade in this category. With just 3.1 hours of nursing care per patient each day, this facility's nurse staffing levels were far below average. Lastly, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home was above average in two of the areas we considered, with good marks for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. These areas are usually reliable measures of the quality of nursing care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodland Manor Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 9.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 4.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 3.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 24.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 4.04% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 89.97% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 14.55% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 15.54% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 15.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 11.99 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 72.55% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.97 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Fmc - Arnold0.83 miles away2194 Michigan Ave Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 287-1160
- Arnold Dialysis1.87 miles away102 Richardson Xing Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 8 (636) 467-5619
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis3.55 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Home Dialysis South3.64 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.61 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- South County Dialysis Center5.79 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic6.38 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis7.3 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130