Woodland Manor Nursing Center is one of a mere two nursing homes located in Arnold, Missouri. This nursing home was given an overall grade of C, which is a solid grade. As far as we can see, this place ought to be a good fit for quite a few people. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Woodland Manor Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility really fared well in the area of long-term care, where it earned an A. Facilities that do well in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodland Manor Nursing Center?
Next we looked at nursing grades, where this nursing home received an F, which is a rock bottom grade. This area was definitely not a strength for this facility. We analyzed the levels of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was short-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this area, which is an abysmal grade. This is clearly a significant disappointment. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is generally a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the number of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodland Manor Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 88.53% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodland Manor Nursing Center, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.29 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.51 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.97 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Fmc - Arnold0.83 miles away2194 Michigan Ave Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 287-1160
- Arnold Dialysis1.87 miles away102 Richardson Xing Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 8 (636) 467-5619
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis3.55 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Home Dialysis South3.64 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis4.61 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- South County Dialysis Center5.79 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic6.38 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- Bowles Avenue Dialysis7.3 miles away1011 Bowles Avenue Suite 210 Fenton Missouri 63026Dialysis Stations: 14 (636) 326-7130