Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Conroe, Texas, which has 130,233 people. We gave this facility an overall score of F. Keep in mind that Conroe received a city grade of B-, so should consider some other options in the city as well. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We were not high on this facility's overall grade or its category ratings. We gave it a grade of just D for our inspections rating and that turned out to be its best grade. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years amounting to over $100,000. This usually signifies that a facility's poor track record has been an issue for several years.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's second most respectable score is short-term care. As it turns out, with a grade of D in this area, it still performed somewhat poorly. With our short-term care rating, we seek to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. With its weak score in this area, we were not shocked to find this nursing home offered substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Our third area we looked at was long-term care, where this facility received an F. Facilities that do not score well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated only 85.03401 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
The last area we analyzed is nursing. We gave it an F in this category, which is a very poor score. We analyzed the qualifications of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses worked with patients, in computing our rating in this area. This nursing home averaged only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 94.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodland Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Conroe, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Conroe, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare ConroeAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away504 Medical Center Blvd Conroe Texas 77304Proprietary(936) 539-1111
- St Luke's the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away17200 St Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 266-4050
- Houston Methodist the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away17201 Interstate 45 South Conroe Texas 77385Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 270-2000
- St Lukes Lakeside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away17400 St Lukes Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Other(936) 266-4055
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 17.95 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- Conroe Dialysis1.04 miles away233 Interstate 45 North Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 16 (936) 760-2240
- River Park Dialysis2.42 miles away2010 South Loop 336 West Suite 200 Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 12 (936) 760-3333
- North Conroe Dialysis3.76 miles away3211 Interstate 45 N Suite 500 Conroe Texas 77304Dialysis Stations: 16 (936) 756-9400
- College Park Dialysis7.95 miles away17191 St Lukes Way Suite 100 Conroe Texas 77384CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (936) 273-3350
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.9.95 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- The Woodlands Dialysis Center10.15 miles away9301 Pinecroft Dr Suite 130 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 292-6788
- Bio-Medical Application of Texas, Inc.11.65 miles away26865 Interstate 45 Ste 100 Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 363-5031
- Cypress Creek Dialysis12.75 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262