With an address in Livonia, Michigan, Woodhaven Retirement Community is one of just two nursing homes in this city. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive grades. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes nationally. As you can see below, this facility also performed just fine in our category grades. It would be hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Woodhaven Retirement Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
29667 Wentworth Avenue,
Livonia MI 48154
Get pricing and details on Livonia senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Livonia, Michigan Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Livonia, Michigan Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Michigan Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Livonia, Michigan Awards 2021
Short-term Care Quality
On top of faring well in its overall grade, this nursing home received an excellent short-term care grade. We gave it an impressive grade of A in that area. In forming these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodhaven Retirement Community?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. There are a number of datapoints included in this category. Many of the datapoints are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this nursing home received an excellent long-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a B+ in that category, rounding out one of our finer profiles. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 2.88 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia1.92 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC3.01 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Fmc - Botsford Park3.21 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia3.41 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Davita - Redford3.86 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Fmc - Garden City4.61 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita5.09 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Univ of Mi Dialysis Clinics - Livonia5.15 miles away19900 Haggerty Rd Ste 106 Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 432-7870