Woodbridge Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Tampa, Florida. Sporting an overall grade of B+, this looks like a strong nursing home. As a matter of fact, this proved to be better than many of the nursing homes in Tampa. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Woodbridge Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place ended up being a great nursing home is it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this critical category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A few minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Our nursing rating is largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodbridge Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our stronger scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. In computing these short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 3.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care. This facility was awarded a strong long-term care grade in our assessment, with a B-. Even though this is not as strong as many of its other category grades, this is nevertheless a respectable rating for that area. With our long-term care category, we look at the amount of services offered by a facility, along with some qualitative statistics. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.06832 percent of its patients, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodbridge Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodbridge Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodbridge Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that have had a fall leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodbridge Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodbridge Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodbridge Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodbridge Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodbridge Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodbridge Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodbridge Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Woodbridge Care Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodbridge Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodbridge Care Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodbridge Care Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tampa, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tampa, Florida has 17 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.19 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.42 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 13.92 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.17 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Fresenius Kidney Care Town and Country0.54 miles away5951 Webb Road Tampa Florida 33615Dialysis Stations: 14 (813) 243-6130
- West Tampa Dialysis2.23 miles away4515 George Rd Suite 300 Tampa Florida 33634Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 884-4008
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center5.16 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Central Tampa Dialysis5.6 miles away4204 N Macdill Ave South Bldg Tampa Florida 33607CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 871-3202
- Greater Tampa at Home5.82 miles away4204 N. Mac Dill Ave North Bldg. Suite 1 Tampa Florida 33607Dialysis Stations: 4 (813) 872-8216
- Dsi - Tampa Central6.03 miles away4705 N Armenia Ave Tampa Florida 33603CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 353-8100
- Fresenius Kidney Care South Tampa6.12 miles away3614 W Kennedy Blvd Suite A Tampa Florida 33609Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 874-2700
- Tampa Bay Dialysis6.16 miles away2301 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Tampa Florida 33604Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 876-7023