The Residence at Great Woods is located in Norton, Massachusetts. The city has a total of 19,031 people. With an A overall grade, we rated this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this nursing home. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category grades, which are also strong.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
The Residence at Great Woods
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 1, 2021 by Nick Lata
184 Mansfield Avenue,
Norton MA 02766
76.41% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for The Residence at Great Woods has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of short-term care, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our short-term care scores are believed to be most critical for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We awarded it an A for that category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about The Residence at Great Woods?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing grade is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next category, this nursing home was given a very strong long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a B+ in that category, topping off one of our finer report cards. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 94.52888 percent of its residents. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Residence at Great Woods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Residence at Great Woods, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Residence at Great Woods, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have had a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Residence at Great Woods, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents which have sustained urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Residence at Great Woods, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Residence at Great Woods, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Residence at Great Woods, 2.48% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Residence at Great Woods, 91.39% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Residence at Great Woods, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Residence at Great Woods, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In The Residence at Great Woods, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Residence at Great Woods, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Residence at Great Woods, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Residence at Great Woods, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.33 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.88 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.31 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Signature Healthcare Brockton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away680 Center Street Brockton Massachusetts 02302Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 941-7000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.54 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.54 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.52 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Attleboro Dialysis Center4.27 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC5.05 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Taunton Regional Dialysis Center6.03 miles awayMill River Place 1 Washington St, Suite 9 Taunton Massachusetts 02780CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (508) 828-5986
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis7.94 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket10.85 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC11.37 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC11.49 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center11.6 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329