Windsor Vallejo Care Center is a large nursing home located in Vallejo, California. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A grade of this caliber typically indicates a few concerning datapoints. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Vallejo. The city has just two other nursing homes. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Windsor Vallejo Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home actually received an impressive short-term care score this year. We awarded it a grade of B in this category. Our short-term care ratings are likely most meaningful for those requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B-. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Vallejo Care Center?
This facility earned mediocre inspections in recent years. We gave them a grade of C in this category. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were category G through L deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Lastly, we would like to point out that this place received government fines recently. We were relieved to find that these were on the lower end of the spectrum. Nevertheless, this still is not what you want to see.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care, ended up being this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that area. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.3392 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Vallejo Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Vallejo Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.12 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 15 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.6 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo0.79 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Vallejo Dialysis Center0.91 miles away830 Redwood Street Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (707) 642-2017
- Wellbound of Vallejo1.14 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070
- Carquinez Dialysis Center2.52 miles away125 Corporate Place Suite C Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 556-3637
- Benicia Dialysis Center7.27 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488
- Fairfield Dialysis Center8.46 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Rai Chadbourne11.1 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Davita El Sobrante12.04 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230