Windsor Rosewood Care Center is an average-sized facility in Pleasant Hill, California. This nursing home turns out to be a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our assessment, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this place's profile is its exemplary inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Windsor Rosewood Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1911 Oak Park Boulevard,
Pleasant Hill CA 94523
77.87% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this facility received a decent overall grade is its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our better scores in that category, with an A. This is a much better score than the facility's overall grade, which was decent but not in the elite range. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also would like to note that this facility was given positive long-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our more favorable grades in this area, with a grade of B+. This proved to be the nursing home's second best score. When facilities receive this type of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 95.63863 percent of its residents, which is higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Rosewood Care Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Nursing grades are primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is short-term care, which proved to be this nursing home's worst category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this area. Sadly, this category hurt the facility's overall grade to some degree. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Rosewood Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who have had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Rosewood Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.25 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 4.06 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 12.3 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek1.73 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Fmc Diablo Concord2.63 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Walnut Creek at Home2.65 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Walnut Creek Dialysis2.65 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Fkc San Miguel3.18 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center3.84 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830
- Concord Dialysis Center7.45 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492
- Benicia Dialysis Center9.25 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488