Windsor Park Manor is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Carol Stream, Illinois. It looks like this nursing home is among the top nursing homes we found. This nursing home received one of the most impressive ratings that we offer. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar report card is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Windsor Park Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Carol Stream, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Carol Stream, Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Carol Stream, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in the category of nursing, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing grade consists of several factors, but the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
In addition, this nursing home also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Park Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a fine short-term care grade. This actually is this nursing home's third most impressive category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A. With our short-term care assessment, we attempt to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility an acceptable grade of B-. This actually turned out to be this nursing home's worst category. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to only 80.58253 percent of its residents. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Park Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Park Manor, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Park Manor, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Park Manor, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Park Manor, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care residents who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Park Manor, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Park Manor, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Park Manor, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Park Manor, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Park Manor, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Windsor Park Manor, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Park Manor, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Park Manor, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Park Manor, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.35 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 7.41 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.3 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Davita - Geneva Crossings1.54 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis3.66 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center3.8 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center3.86 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Fmc - Dupage West4.38 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn4.99 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis6.48 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Fmc - Schaumburg7.28 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190