Windsor Park Manor is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Carol Stream, Illinois. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a high-end rating. In our view, this place is a no brainer for just about anybody. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's exemplary report card is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Windsor Park Manor
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
110 Windsor Park Drive,
Carol Stream IL 60188
76.37% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. In computing a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses are with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This place offers 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day, of which more than one hour of those were provided by registered nurses. This is one of the more highly skilled nurses. In computing our nursing ratings, we add more weight to hours provided by registered or licensed nurses. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. We awarded it an A for that category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Park Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is short-term care. Adding to its strong profile, this facility also performed well in this area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A for the category. Short-term care grades are generally employed to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation To provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. When we assessed this facility's nursing hours, we found it offered more care from registered nurses than most nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This place outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the country in this area with 72.5 percent of its residents returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. While this wasn't as favorable as a few of this facility's other grades, it is still a positive grade. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 87.254906 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be slightly less than we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. This facility was also able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 1.51 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Park Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Park Manor, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Park Manor, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Park Manor, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Park Manor, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Park Manor, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Park Manor, 29.52% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Park Manor, 87.71% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Park Manor, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Park Manor, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Windsor Park Manor, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Park Manor, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Park Manor, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Park Manor, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.35 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 7.41 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.3 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Davita - Geneva Crossings1.54 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis3.66 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center3.8 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center3.86 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Fmc - Dupage West4.38 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Dialyze Direct Il - Glen Ellyn4.99 miles away800 Roosevelt Rd Ste C-16 Glen Ellyn Illinois 60137Dialysis Stations: 1 (630) 942-1111
- Fmc - Lombard Dialysis6.48 miles away1940 Springer Drive Lombard Illinois 60148Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 693-0394
- Fmc - Schaumburg7.28 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190