Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont is in Fremont, California. We gave this nursing home a superb overall score of A-. Indeed, this proved to be one of the five highest rated facilities in the city. As far as we can see, this nursing home would be a wonderful choice for just about anybody. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is it received a very impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections ended up being its best category. In this area, we gave this facility an A. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Nursing scores are primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this facility also received a score of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this area. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is short-term care. This facility was awarded a very good nursing grade in our assessment, with a grade of B. While this is not as dominant as many of its other grades, this is nevertheless one of the stronger scores in that area. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who had a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 4.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Park Care Center of Fremont, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fremont, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fremont, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 10.66 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.1 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC0.76 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Fmc Fremont0.78 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Davita Fremont Dialysis0.78 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Fmc Ardenwood2.47 miles away37478 Cedar Blvd Ste A Newark California 94560CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (510) 744-0790
- Union City Dialysis Center3.11 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Hayward6.27 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- Satellite Dialysis8.14 miles away1860 Milmont Drive Milpitas California 95035CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 935-0600
- South Hayward Dialysis Center9.11 miles away254 Jackson Street Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 583-1255