Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Concord, California. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. The nursing homes in Concord received high grades across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places in California to find a nursing home. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3806 Clayton Road,
Concord CA 94521
79.73% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially would like to emphasize its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we awarded it an above average score of B in this category. In determining our short-term care scores, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is frequently a meaningful measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a solid grade of B-. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next area we rated is nursing. This nursing home was awarded a B- in this category. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we weigh the amount of time nurses spend with residents and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that have pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who have experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 4.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Manor Rehabilitation Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Concord, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Concord, California has 4 other nursing homes
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 2.15 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Sutter Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away3901 Lone Tree Way Antioch California 94509Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 779-7200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Fkc San Miguel1.39 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Walnut Creek Dialysis3.01 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Walnut Creek at Home3.01 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Fmc Diablo Concord3.16 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Concord Dialysis Center4.76 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek5.16 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center7.15 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830
- Delta View Dialysis Center7.61 miles away1150 E Leland Road Pittsburg California 94565CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 427-0867