Windsor Manor is in Glendale, California. Featuring an overall rating of A, this is undoubtedly a superb nursing home. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it substantially ahead of most of the nursing homes in Glendale. If you look further down this page, you can see this facility's category grades, which appear to be just as impressive as its overall grade.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Glendale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Glendale, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate profile, this facility also was awarded a superb short-term care score, with a score of A. In forming these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to emphasize the fact that this nursing home was awarded a top-shelf score of A in our long-term care area. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Switching gears to the next area, this facility received an extremely favorable nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category, giving this facility straight A's. Our nursing score analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Manor, 14.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Manor, 4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that have had a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Manor, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Manor, 2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Manor, 9.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Manor, 4.08% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Manor, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Manor, 14.71% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Manor, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Manor, 68.33% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Glendale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Glendale, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.94 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.27 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 3.98 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis0.4 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Davita-North Glendale0.97 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis1.04 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Fmc-West Glendale1.14 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis2.65 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles3.3 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset3.3 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center3.99 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010