Windsor Manor is in Glendale, California. Featuring an overall rating of A, this is undoubtedly a superb nursing home. We were not surprised to discover that this proved to be substantially better than most of the nursing homes in Glendale. If you look further down this page, you will see this nursing home's category ratings, which are equally strong as its overall grade.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Glendale, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Among its many impressive grades, this nursing home was awarded first-rate long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A in that area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Manor?
Racking up another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This place received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this nursing home was given an impressive grade grade of A in our short-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home topped off a straight A report card. In computing our short-term care grades, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is generally a reliable assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Manor, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Manor, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Manor, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Manor, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Manor, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Manor, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Manor, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Manor, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Manor, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Manor, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Manor, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Manor, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Glendale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Glendale, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.94 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.27 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 3.98 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.11 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.96 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis0.4 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Davita-North Glendale0.97 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis1.04 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Fmc-West Glendale1.14 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis2.65 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles3.3 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset3.3 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center3.99 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010