Windsor Houston is an average-sized facility located in Houston, Texas. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. At the end of the day, we'd be very reluctant to recommend this nursing home. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection score. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not complementary of this facility's overall performance, it did receive an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that area with a grade of B+. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that have a long list of severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's long-term care score is one of its best features. The facility was awarded a B- in this area. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinates 99.178085 percent of its patients against pneumonia. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Houston?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Our nursing score is based on several components, however, the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this facility really did not perform well in this area either. Due to a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is about as terrible as it gets. With our short-term care rating, we seek to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Based on its score in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected here. The final item we considered in this category is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.8 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Houston Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Houston, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Houston, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Houston, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Houston, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term residents which are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Houston, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Houston, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Houston, 94.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Houston, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Houston, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Windsor Houston, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Houston, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Houston, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Houston, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Memorial Hermann Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away1635 North Loop West Houston Texas 77008Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 448-6796
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Champions Dialysis0.84 miles away4427 Cypress Creek Pkwy Houston Texas 77068CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 444-8439
- Renal Treatment Centers-Southeast, Lp0.88 miles away6626 Antoine Dr Houston Texas 77091Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 681-0481
- Bothwell Dialysis LLC1.69 miles away8787 Fallbrook Dr Houston Texas 77064Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 477-7878
- Renal Treatment Centers Southeas Lp2.62 miles away12430 State Highway 249 Ste H Houston Texas 77086Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 820-4880
- North Shepherd Dialysis2.8 miles away7272 North Shepherd Bldg B Houston Texas 77091CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (713) 697-1115
- Brookhollow Dialysis2.91 miles away4918 West 34th Street Houston Texas 77092CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 681-3043
- Sng - Northwest Dialysis Center Lp2.95 miles away7112 Stuebner Airline Drive Houston Texas 77091Dialysis Stations: 36 (713) 490-7382
- Northstar Dialysis Center3.26 miles away380 W Little York Houston Texas 77076CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 49 (281) 448-4506