Windsor Houston is in the large metropolitan area of Houston, Texas. With a abysmal overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. Based on our assessment, this nursing home is not a fit for anyone. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
6920 t.c. Jester Blvd,
Houston TX 77091
93.5% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a terrible overall score, we gave it a B+ for our inspections rating. This is the result of the nursing home receiving a quality inspection report this year. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid places with a list of deficiencies flagged. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't fare poorly in the category of long-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B- in that category, which wound up being another one of its better grades. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.6376 percent of its patients. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. While it had 3.16 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was better than most nursing homes due to it having some more complicated patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Houston?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. Our nursing grade analyzes a handful of datapoints, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This place offered only 3.2 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Unfortunately, this place also had abysmal scores in some of the quality-based metrics to go along with its low nursing hours. We looked at the percentage of patients sustaining pressure ulcers and we were very disappointed. This facility was at approximately 150 percent of the national average in this metric. This is a bad sign in light of the fact that many bed sores could be avoided with better nursing care. This metric helped pull down this nursing home's nursing rating significantly.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care. This nursing home received a rock bottom grade of F in that area. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 41.7 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Houston Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Houston, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Houston, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Houston, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Houston, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Houston, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Houston, 4.7% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Houston, 95.06% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Houston, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Houston, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Windsor Houston, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Houston, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Houston, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Houston, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 55 other nursing homes
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Memorial Hermann Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away1635 North Loop West Houston Texas 77008Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 448-6796
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Champions Dialysis0.84 miles away4427 Cypress Creek Pkwy Houston Texas 77068CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 444-8439
- Renal Treatment Centers-Southeast, Lp0.88 miles away6626 Antoine Dr Houston Texas 77091Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 681-0481
- Bothwell Dialysis LLC1.69 miles away8787 Fallbrook Dr Houston Texas 77064Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 477-7878
- Renal Treatment Centers Southeas Lp2.62 miles away12430 State Highway 249 Ste H Houston Texas 77086Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 820-4880
- North Shepherd Dialysis2.8 miles away7272 North Shepherd Bldg B Houston Texas 77091CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (713) 697-1115
- Brookhollow Dialysis2.91 miles away4918 West 34th Street Houston Texas 77092CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 681-3043
- Sng - Northwest Dialysis Center Lp2.95 miles away7112 Stuebner Airline Drive Houston Texas 77091Dialysis Stations: 36 (713) 490-7382
- Northstar Dialysis Center3.26 miles away380 W Little York Houston Texas 77076CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 49 (281) 448-4506