Windsor Estates is a small facility located in Saint Charles, Missouri. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some solid marks. In our view, this nursing home would be a good fit for most people. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest grades in this area with an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. When computing our nursing grades, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Estates?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our short-term care category. This is one of our higher scores. Our short-term care scores are vital for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 4.8 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last area, we awarded this facility a D for our long-term care category. This is the nursing home's least impressive category grade. Of course, this grade hurt the nursing home's overall profile to a certain degree. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Estates Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Estates, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percent of long-term patients that suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Estates, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have experienced falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Estates, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term patients which had a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Estates, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Estates, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Estates, 4.11% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients showing symptoms of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Estates, 88.89% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Estates, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Estates, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Windsor Estates, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Estates, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Estates, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Estates, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Charles, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Charles, Missouri has 5 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 1.34 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.19 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Progress West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away2 Progress Point Pkwy O Fallon Missouri 63368Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 344-1000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 13.46 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Us Renal Care St Charles Dialysis4.1 miles away2655 Muegge Road Suite 101 Saint Charles Missouri 63303Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 447-2490
- Fmc - Bridgeton4.53 miles away12380 Natural Bridge Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 344-3020
- St Peters Dialysis5.28 miles away300 1st Executive Ave #A Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 441-6070
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton5.95 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320
- Hazelwood Dialysis6.77 miles away637 Dunn Road #125 Hazelwood Missouri 63042CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 731-8039
- Saint Charles County Dialysis7.45 miles away335 Mid Rivers Mall Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Dialysis Stations: 21 (636) 970-3730
- St. Louis Regional Dialysis Center, Inc.7.46 miles away10951 St. Charles Rock Road Saint Ann Missouri 63074Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 739-4691
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center8.64 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770