Located in Elk Grove, California, Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center is the lone nursing home we were able to find in the area. With an A overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the country. Based on our assessment, this facility looks like a great choice for just about anybody. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
Best Nursing Home in Elk Grove, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this area. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more important for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. When computing a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the quantity of hours nurses commit to patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we assessed, this facility was awarded an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility topped off a very impressive report card. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents which have had a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Elk Grove Care and Rehabilitation Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.01 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 12.49 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 13.28 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 16.03 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.85 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Elk Grove Dialysis1.96 miles away9281 Office Park Circle #105 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 691-0480
- Rai Elk Grove Blvd.2.5 miles away8139 Elk Grove Boulevard Suite 200 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 478-3520
- Calvine Dialysis Center4.19 miles away8243 E Stockton Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95828CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 682-6655
- Calvine Home Training Center4.24 miles away8231 East Stockton Blvd. Suite A Sacramento California 95828Dialysis Stations: 6 (916) 689-4254
- Rai Mack Road6.37 miles away4660 Mack Road, Ste 168 Sacramento California 95823CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (916) 394-9312
- Davita Deer Park Dialysis6.6 miles away4401 Mack Road Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 738-3575
- West Elk Grove Dialysis Center6.7 miles away2208 Kausen Drive Suite 100 Elk Grove California 95758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 683-5992
- Southgate Dialysis7.06 miles away7231 E Southgate Drive Sacramento California 95823Dialysis Stations: 22 (916) 395-7585