Windsor Country Drive Care Center is a senior living facility in Fremont, California, which has a total of 214,112 people. Sporting an overall rating of B, this looks like a good facility. As far as we can see, this facility looks like a good fit for most people. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Windsor Country Drive Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2500 Country Drive,
Fremont CA 94536
83.49% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a favorable overall score, this facility also earned a strong short-term care grade. We gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. Short-term care ratings are critical for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Country Drive Care Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. The nursing score considers many datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care, where we awarded it an above average grade of B. This facility truly did not have any weak links. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 96.95946 percent of its residents, which is more than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Country Drive Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents showing signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Country Drive Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Fremont, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fremont, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 10.84 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 13.43 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 13.8 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.01 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC0.78 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Fmc Fremont0.78 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Davita Fremont Dialysis0.82 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Fmc Ardenwood2.28 miles away37478 Cedar Blvd Ste A Newark California 94560CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (510) 744-0790
- Union City Dialysis Center3.07 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Hayward6.23 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- Satellite Dialysis8.11 miles away1860 Milmont Drive Milpitas California 95035CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 935-0600
- South Hayward Dialysis Center9.11 miles away254 Jackson Street Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 583-1255