With more than 20 options to choose from located in Los Angeles, California, Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills is one of many available options. This facility received an overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor grade. Based on our analysis, this facility likely isn't the best fit for most prospective residents. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Blood Administration
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we were not high on this nursing home overall, we gave it an A- for our nursing rating. This is far more impressive than its overall score. Nursing ratings are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second highest area is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a C. Our short-term care grades are arguably most critical for people needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. It offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 3.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second worse score is long-term care, where it earned a grade of just D in that area. This is a relatively poor score. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility didn't perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 88.93281 percent of its residents. This is multiple points lower than what we were hoping for. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
The final category we looked at is inspections. Unfortunately, this nursing home didn't receive favorable inspection reports in recent years. Consequently, we had to give it an F. For facilities with poor inspection ratings, you should really focus on any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This nursing home had a category J or K deficiency, which rank among the worst categories of deficiencies. This generally means that the government inspectors uncovered a deficiency which places resident safety or health in imminent danger. Finally, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This generally suggests that a bad track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Care Center of Cheviot Hills, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 3.48 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.03 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City0.66 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles0.83 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Fmc-Culver City Dialysis1.11 miles away9432 Venice Blvd. Culver City California 90230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 836-2237
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis2.18 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis2.32 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- Davita-Century City Dialysis Center2.38 miles away10630 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles California 90025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 954-2700
- Kidney Dialysis Center of Baldwin Hills, LLC3.03 miles away3705 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles California 90016Dialysis Stations: 17 (323) 293-4488
- u.s. Renal Care Beverly Hills Dialysis3.25 miles away8420 Wilshrie Blvd. Beverly Hills California 90211Dialysis Stations: 22 (323) 852-1272