Windsong Care Center is located in Pearland, Texas. The city has a population of 112,611 people. Our scoring system was not very kind to this nursing home, as it received an overall score of F. Pearland received a city grade of C, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Windsong Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Windsong Care Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Note: Windsong Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Pearland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to find that this nursing home received a reasonably solid long-term care grade this year. We gave it a grade of C in that area. Our long-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of nursing care. This includes a vast range of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.70326 percent of its patients. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsong Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which is not a score to write home about. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home offers substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
The final area we assessed is nursing, where this nursing home received an abysmal score in this area also. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this area, which is definitely a major concern. The nursing category weighs several factors, most of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. On top of receiving below average scores for nursing hours, this facility was a bit less impressive in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at in calculating our nursing ratings. We looked at the percentage of residents suffering pressure ulcers and found this facility was at approximately 1.5 times the national average in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsong Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsong Care Center, 8.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsong Care Center, 1.19% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsong Care Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsong Care Center, 2.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsong Care Center, 18.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsong Care Center, 10.6% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsong Care Center, 99.58% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsong Care Center, 21.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsong Care Center, 24.42% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Windsong Care Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsong Care Center, 24.42% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsong Care Center, 5.24% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsong Care Center, 48.48% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Pearland, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pearland, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare PearlandAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away11100 Shadow Creek Parkway Pearland Texas 77584Proprietary(713) 770-7000
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Pearland2.47 miles away1830 Broadway Pearland Texas 77581Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 993-0723
- Trc Pearland Dialysis2.5 miles away6516 Broadway Suite 122 Pearland Texas 77581CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 412-7422
- Sagemont Dialysis3.22 miles away1823 Broadway St Pearland Texas 77581Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 996-7913
- Fresenius Medical Care West Pearland3.23 miles away2276 Business Center Drive Pearland Texas 77584Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 436-0364
- Fresenius Medical Care Ella, LLC3.23 miles away2850 Kirby Drive Pearland Texas 77584Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 582-8024
- Crossings Dialysis3.44 miles away11600 Broadway Street Pearland Texas 77584Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 436-0263
- Sagemeadow Dialysis4.29 miles away10923 Scarsdale Blvd Houston Texas 77089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 922-6136
- Fresenius Medical Care Beamer4.37 miles away12727 Beamer Road Houston Texas 77089Dialysis Stations: 21 (281) 922-9930