Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center is one of six facilities in Warren, Michigan. Sporting an overall score of C, this is likely a middle of the road facility. If you take a look at the other options in Warren, we hope you will find this place to be a more appealing option than most nursing homes in the city. This city simply does not have a great selection of nursing homes. The best part of this nursing home's report card is is its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's nursing grade outpaced its overall score. In fact, we gave it a B for its nursing grade. Nursing ratings are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a favorable long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that area, which is one of our more favorable scores. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center?
This nursing home earned a good score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we graded was short-term care. We gave it a C in that category. This is a fair grade in this category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is generally a useful measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 4.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents who suffered falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 3.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 91.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windemere Park Health and Rehab Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Warren, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Warren, Michigan has 5 other nursing homes
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 11.45 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren1.37 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita2.71 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Davita Troy Dialysis3.18 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Fmc Dialysis - Madison Heights4.37 miles away25780 Commerce Dr Madison Heights Michigan 48071Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 398-8090
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis5.66 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC5.87 miles away23231 John R Road Hazel Park Michigan 48030Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 399-0737
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC6.11 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton6.13 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203