Windcrest Health and Rehab is in Springdale, Arkansas, a city with 85,572 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is a very respectable grade. We found this facility to be better than most of the nursing homes in Springdale, which has a city grade of B-. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Windcrest Health and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2455 Lowell Road,
Springdale AR 72764
77.71% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an B+. Our nursing score analyzes quite a few subcategories, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Windcrest Health and Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this facility also received a grade of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 97.66355 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this nursing home was awarded a respectable short-term care grade of C. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windcrest Health and Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 8.4% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 4.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 2.26% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which have experienced a UTI. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 12.36% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 21.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 2.24% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 95.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 12.13% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 10.57% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Many in the industry argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 1.97 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 10.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windcrest Health and Rehab, 13.36 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Springdale, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Springdale, Arkansas has 3 other nursing homes
- Northwest Medical Center-SpringdaleAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away609 West Maple Avenue Springdale Arkansas 72764Proprietary(479) 751-5711
- Arkansas Children's Northwest, IncChildrens 4.44 miles away2601 Gene George Boulevard Springdale Arkansas 72762Voluntary non-profit - Private(479) 725-6800
- Northwest Health Physicians Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away3873 North Parkview Drive Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Proprietary(479) 571-7002
- Washington Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away3215 N North Hills Boulevard Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Voluntary non-profit - Private(479) 463-5113
- Mercy Hospital Northwest ArkansasAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away2710 South Rife Medical Lane Rogers Arkansas 72758Voluntary non-profit - Church(479) 338-8000
- Springdale Dialysis Ctr3.57 miles away2158 Butterfield Coach Rd Springdale Arkansas 72764Dialysis Stations: 19 (479) 404-2430
- Davita - Springdale3.97 miles away2070 Mckenzie Road Ste B Springdale Arkansas 72762Dialysis Stations: 16 (479) 927-1957
- Davita - Fayetteville6.45 miles away509 E Millsap Ste 111 Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Dialysis Stations: 9 (479) 443-6688
- North Hills Dialysis6.75 miles away107 E Monte Painter Dr Fayetteville Arkansas 72703CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (479) 463-7000
- Davita - Rogers Dialysis9.09 miles away101 N 37th Street Rogers Arkansas 72756Dialysis Stations: 16 (479) 899-6868
- Davita - Bentonville9.81 miles away1104 Se 30th St Bentonville Arkansas 72712Dialysis Stations: 21 (479) 657-6220
- Benton County Dialysis Ctr12.22 miles away801 Se Plaza Ave Ste 1 Bentonville Arkansas 72712CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (479) 273-7340
- Hidden Springs Dialysis Ctr14.67 miles away3000 Nw "A" Street Ste 2 Bentonville Arkansas 72712Dialysis Stations: 12 (479) 404-2400