Wilton Meadows Health Care Center is a large facility located in New Fairfield, Connecticut. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is a very strong rating. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong with this place. As you will find below, this place also performed well in our category grades. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Wilton Meadows Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
439 Danbury Rd Rt 7,
New Fairfield CT 06812
91.95% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Wilton Meadows Health Care Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, it also excelled in inspections, where it earned an A. Not many facilities performed better in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. It does not appear that we were able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. We would like to have more data for this facility. Without complete deficiency data, it was difficult to assess this nursing home in this category.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing score is largely associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Connecticut in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Wilton Meadows Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is short-term care. Contributing to its first-rate profile, this facility also performed well in this area. In fact, we awarded it a of A- in that category. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a favorable grade of B. For residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Norwalk HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away24 Stevens Street Norwalk Connecticut 06856Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 852-2000
- St Vincent's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away2800 Main St Bridgeport Connecticut 06606Voluntary non-profit - Church(203) 576-5551
- Danbury HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.7 miles away24 Hospital Ave Danbury Connecticut 06810Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 739-7000
- Bridgeport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.72 miles away267 Grant Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06610Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 384-3000
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.09 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- Greenwich Hospital Association -Acute Care Hospitals 16.13 miles away5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich Connecticut 06830Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 863-3000
- Putnam Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.88 miles away670 Stoneleigh Avenue Carmel New York 10512Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 279-5711
- Milford Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.9 miles away300 Seaside Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 876-4000
- Total Renal Care Inc6.16 miles away112 Main Street Norwalk Connecticut 06851Dialysis Stations: 13 (203) 229-0420
- Davita South Norwalk Dialysis7.08 miles away31 Stevens Street Norwalk Connecticut 06856CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (203) 838-6017
- Davita Black Rock Dialysis9.46 miles away427 Stillson Rd Fairfield Connecticut 06824CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 382-9566
- Fresenius Medical Care of Fairfield10.68 miles away500 Kings Hwy Fairfield Connecticut 06825Dialysis Stations: 18 (203) 583-8875
- Davita Bridgeport Dialysis11.69 miles away900 Madison Avenue Bridgeport Connecticut 06606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 51 (203) 335-0191
- Davita Stamford Dialysis12.82 miles away30 Commerce Road Stamford Connecticut 06902CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (203) 358-9969
- Danbury Dialysis Center13.54 miles away111 Osborne Street Suite 211 Danbury Connecticut 06810CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (203) 794-1938
- Hawley Lane - Davita14.69 miles away425 Hawley Ln Stratford Connecticut 06614Dialysis Stations: 25 (203) 375-5438