Willows Health Center is in Rockford, Illinois. This city has 189,162 people. With an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt a very good facility. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all facilities in the country. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive report card was its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
Willows Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Rockford, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Rockford, Illinois Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing grade weighs many factors. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded multiple A+ category scores. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is more often than not a useful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Willows Health Center?
Moving on to another of this nursing home's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection rating. In fact, inspections turned out to be one of its best category grades. In that category, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B+. Inspection grades are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care. We awarded this facility an acceptable grade in that category, with a B-. Even though this isn't as high as many of this nursing home's other scores, it is nevertheless not a bad grade. Our long-term care grade assesses a nursing home's assistance with daily living rather than the highly skilled therapy or healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willows Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willows Health Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willows Health Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willows Health Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willows Health Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willows Health Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willows Health Center, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willows Health Center, 87.4% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willows Health Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willows Health Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willows Health Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willows Health Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willows Health Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Rockford, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Rockford, Illinois has 12 other nursing homes
- Mercyhealth Hospital Rockton AvenueAcute Care Hospitals 1.39 miles away2400 North Rockton Avenue Rockford Illinois 61103Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 968-6861
- Swedish American HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away1401 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61104Voluntary non-profit - Other(815) 968-4400
- Saint Anthony Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away5666 East State Street Rockford Illinois 61108Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 226-2000
- Beloit Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Voluntary non-profit - Private(608) 364-5011
- Davita - Rockford Dialysis0.64 miles away3339 N. Rockton Ave Rockford Illinois 61103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (815) 636-4493
- Davita - Machesney Park Dialysis3.46 miles away7170 N. Perryville Road Machesney Park Illinois 61115CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 885-8132
- Davita - Stone Crest Dialysis3.65 miles away1302 E. State St. Rockford Illinois 61104CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 968-5794
- Davita Forest City Dialysis3.79 miles away198 North Springfield Avenue Rockford Illinois 61101Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 962-8914
- Davita - Roxbury Dialysis Center5.28 miles away622 Roxbury Road Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (815) 397-0713
- Davita - Churchview Dialysis Center6.7 miles away417 Ware Avenue Rockford Illinois 61107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (815) 397-4123
- Davita - Belvidere Dialysis12.17 miles away1751 Henry Luckow Lane Belvidere Illinois 61008Dialysis Stations: 12 (815) 544-0311
- Beloit Health System - Dialysis16.55 miles away1969 W Hart Rd Beloit Wisconsin 53511Dialysis Stations: 18 (608) 364-5580